After the storm

Porchay walked around the mansion with quiet steps and a pondering look on his face. He heard loud voices as he neared the lounge area, and saw Tankhun sitting with his two bodyguards on the sofa.

"P'Khun" he quietly asked, walking up to the three, who turned to look at him, Tankhun had a welcoming smile on his face as always.

"Does Kim still have a room here?" Porchay continued as he sat down next to him.

"Yeah, I'm sure it's still there, the same way as the day he left" he spoke calmly, then leaned in closer to Porchay, a serious look on his face.

"No one's dared to go near it since he left" Porchay was still in his seat for a while, taken aback by the serious look on Tankhun's face. Then it disappeared in an instant and Tankhun was back to his usual crazy and smiling self.

"Why do you ask?"

"No reason" Porchay replied, then looked away from Tankhun "Just curious" he muttered.

He had been surprised when he saw Kim at the mansion, and when Kim walked away, he couldn't help but go after him. He couldn't keep up with him and wandered around for a while, trying to find him, when a door opened, and Kim stepped out, locking it behind him. Porchay hid behind a corner, so Kim didn't see him as he walked away from the door, away from Porchay.

When Big arrived at the apartment the day after Kim's visit, the lights were turned off and it was quiet, except for the low sound of a guitar being strummed in a hopeless and melancholic way. He didn't say anything, worried about how Kim would react. He was out on the balcony, and Big couldn't see his face.

He slowly walked closer and began to hear a low mumbling.

"lost in your eyes..." Kim's voice was small, broken, and lifeless as it tried to sing

"there was no place I could hide" It shook at every line

"take me inside..." there was a sniff

"... let me live in your mind"

It was as if Kim had lost all emotion after crying them all out. As if his heart had been ripped out and died and now tried to comfort him even if he was empty inside.

"No pain tonight..." his voice broke again, "this place reserved for only..."

He knew it was about Porchay, and his heart broke

"Sir, are you okay?" He hesitantly asked as he walked closer, now standing on the other side of the glass, Kim's face still hidden from him.

The strumming stopped for a moment but then continued in the same manner, this time without the broken singing.

"I'm fine" his exhausted voice sounded, and Big walked in front of him, now seeing his bloodshot and sorrowful eyes. Had he even slept? Had he been sitting here the whole night playing the guitar?

He looked down at his hands, but couldn't see any signs, too scared to grab his hands by force.

"Do you need me to get Dr. Park, sir?" was all he could ask in a calm voice

"I said I'm fine"

"You're not"

Kim didn't reply, but the glare he sent Big had him looking down on the floor again. He had overstepped his boundaries.

"Didn't you go out last night?" his hoarse voice asked, a lifeless look in his eyes

"No, sir. It's later this week"