Surprise!

Today was a very special day for the circus. Everyone was running around, trying to get everything ready for a VERY special girls birthday party!

Anne's POV:
I opened my eyes on this very sunny morning, and I instantly remembered what today is. I couldn't believe it, but my beautiful baby girl turned 1 today. I slowly make my way out of bed, when I realize that Phillip wasn't there.

"That's weird." I say to myself. I slowly walk towards Amelia's cot, and I'm greeted with an adorable smile.

"Good morning birthday girl", I said softly to her. I gently picked her up and just admired her. Everyday for the last year, I'd noticed that Amelia's eyes just kept getting more and more blue, just like Phillip's, and her skin was a beautiful light brown, but you could tell that she had some white in her. I also loved that she was growing beautiful curly hair, just like me, but you could already tell that it was going to be Phillip's dark brown. I just take a moment to really soak in all of these adorable times with Amelia, because I won't get them back.

Suddenly, I hear the door slowly open, and Phillip walks in.

"Good morning Amelia". Phillip says softly as he walks towards us.

"Wow, just pretend I'm not here". I say sarcastically.

"I was saving the best for last. Good morning to the best wife ever". Phillip says before giving me a kiss.

"That's better. Good morning to the best husband ever".

"So how did you sleep?"

"I slept fine. Where were you? You weren't here when I woke up"

"I was just helping everybody set up this one's party". Phillip smiles at Amelia while he says this.

"Do you wanna hold her while I go change"?

"I would want nothing more".

I slowly hand Amelia to Phillip before heading into the restroom and changing into my outfit for the day. After I finish, I just watch Phillip playing with Amelia from behind the wall. I have seen over the last year that he is the best dad ever. He loves Amelia more than anything, and would do literally anything for her. I can't wait to see what happens as the years go by.

I slowly step out into the room, and Phillip just looks at me with a smile on his face.

"What? I'm just wearing a dress".

"How is it that you've gotten even more beautiful than when I met you"?

Phillip slowly walks towards me and puts a hand on my waist.

"I don't know. Maybe Amelia helped with that".

I slowly lean in and give him a kiss, and he kisses back. After a minute or so, we parted, smiling at each other.

"You ready to go"?

"Always".

We head outside, making our way towards the circus tent where we're holding our daughter's first ever birthday party. Sure, she won't remember it, but we want to show her just how loved she is starting from this young.

"She looks adorable today, Phillip." I looked in his direction, verbalizing my thoughts from earlier.

"She looks like you, you know?" He pointed out.

"I think she's going to look like you when she gets a little older."

"You think?"

"Absolutely."

Before we know it, we've made it to the tent, and are heading inside. Phillip quickly makes sure everything is ready, and then we open the tent doors. He had seen the party set up this morning, but I hadn't yet, and let me just say, it looked amazing.

"Wow." I whispered, gripping Phillip's hand, Amelia in my other arm.

"Pretty amazing, huh?" He nudged me.

"It's incredible."

Amelia didn't say any of the few words she knew, she just giggled endlessly, and everyone's faces broke out in the most joyous smiles.

The party was everything I ever dreamt of my babies having. It made me look forward to Amelia's next birthday, and even the possible younger sibling of her's first birthday. Not like that'll happen anytime soon.

"You having fun?" Phillip chuckled, glancing over at my astonished face.

"I'm speechless. You all completely glowed up the tent."

"Anything for my baby. And anything to see you smile, of course. You've barely spoken, and I worried something was wrong, but now I see you just had no words."

"I promise. I couldn't be happier right now. Nothing could ruin this day."

"Uhh...Anne?" My brother approached me slowly, tapping my shoulder. "You might want to turn around." W.D. instinctively grabbed my hand, and I frowned in concern, turning in the other direction with him.

"What's wrong-?" I stopped, my eyes widening in disbelief. "M-mom?"