The reveal

Anne's POV:
I stare at Phillip blankly, my heart breaking seeing him like this again. We are still outside of the house, waiting for the firemen to arrive. I'm holding Phillip's unconscious head on my lap, checking every minute that he still has a pulse. I finally realize how fast I've been breathing when I start feeling lightheaded. I feel P.T. put a hand on my shoulder and sit down next to me.

"How's he doing?"

"I mean, he has a pulse, so I'd say okay."

"How are you doing? You still seem pretty shaken up."

"I'm doing fine."

P.T. gives me a look that says "I know that you're not fine" and I immediately fall into him and just break down. I stumble a few words in between sobs, but it doesn't really make sense. I finally manage to get a sentence in after uncontrollably sobbing for about 5 minutes.

"I almost lost him again, all because I made the stupid decision to trust my mom."

"Oh Anne, don't think it was your fault that this happened. Phillip came here to save you, and he did just that. Just focus on the fact that he's alive, and you're safe."

I give him a slight smile, and I feel a little bit better.

"Thanks, P.T. I really need that right now."

"Anytime."

Suddenly, we hear the sirens blaring behind us, and I feel hopeful for the first time in days.

Before I even am aware they are approaching us, a man is reaching down to my lap to take Phillip.

"Wait, where are you going?"

"We're taking him to the hospital." The man says in monotone.

"May I come with you?"

"I'm afraid not. Possibly in a few hours."

"He's my husband, please!"

"I'm sorry."

Before I can argue, Phillip is taken away as P.T and my brother holds me back. And then I just sob again.

"He needs to be okay. He has to be!"

P.T and W.D come back to the Barnum house with me where my baby is. The others have gone home with much protest on their end.

"I'm so sorry, Anne." Charity envelopes me in a hug, allowing my brother to hold Amelia. "Phillip is the definition of a fighter. Everything will be alright."

"It better be." My voice is muffled in her shirt.

"Anne, I know that this is very, very upsetting, of course. But is there maybe something else going on?"

"What? No!" I deny.

"Anne, you are amazing at trapeze, but when it comes to this, you're a terrible actor." W.D places his hands on my shoulders, attempting to lighten the mood. 

I sigh, clearly defeated. These three people are the ones I'm most close with in the world beside my husband.

"Umm...so I don't know exactly how to say this, but-" I stop myself, scared for their reactions.

"Tell us. We're not going anywhere." P.T promises.

"Alright, so let's just say...Phillip and I are going to be parents of two, well, sooner than expected."

"Wait..." W.D stares me in the eyes, and I can't figure out how he feels, deciphering my statement. "You're pregnant?" He asked, his voice cracking.

"Yes." I say, not able to look at any of them. But then I feel pressure around my entire body, and instantly recognize the feeling of my brother's arms around me.

"Congratulations." He whispers. "Unless you're not happy, I don't really know how to handle this-"

"Oh, hush. I'm grateful for any baby I'm given. Even if the timing isn't how we planned."

"Wait, Anne, does Phillip not know?" Charity asks.

"Not yet." I nod, refusing to believe that he'll never get the chance to hear this news. "But he will know soon. I just know it."

"Let's get you to him." W.D decides.