The last time

Anne's POV
"Phillip?" I knelt to his level.

"Hi." He croaked out.

"How are you feeling?"

"Not great, but at least I am alive." He mumbled. Being in the middle of two fires within a matter of just a few years was bound to leave your voice not great.

"Do you remember what happened?" I asked him.

"Some of it." He shrugged. "I don't know if I want to remember."

"Maybe not." I agreed, nodding. "I'm sorry you don't feel well, but I'm so happy you're alright."

"How is everybody? How's Amelia?"

"I don't know how much you heard, but they've all missed you so much. Even our daughter, a one year old, could sense things were different. She'll be so happy to see you."

"And you?"

"What?" I asked in confusion.

"How are you? I'm so sorry if I scared you."

"Oh. I mean, I was so worried about you, and I still am, but I'm fine." I shrugged.

"Anne." He said more firmly.

"Don't worry about me."

Phillip's POV
Anne seemed different in some way, guarded. But I think I just scared her for a few days. Honestly, maybe she was preparing herself for life without me in it when I finally woke up.

I'm sure everything's fine. I mean, what could've changed?
"Do you know when I can get out of here?" I asked my wife.

"Soon. they need to monitor you for a little while longer." She said, squeezing my weak hand in her own. "I mean, Phillip, after two fires, they're a little worried about your breathing."

"I'll be fine. Promise. When can I work again?"

"Phillip!" She laughed humorlessly, shaking her head. "I want you to take some time to heal in our own home before you go back."

I sighed. I just wanted everything to be normal again. Then it hit me like a rock. I haven't seen Anne since before she got kidnapped. I'm sure all the attention got taken off her as soon as I got injured.

"Are you really okay? Like not just mentally, but physically too. What happened after you got taken out of your mom's kidnapping place?"

"Well, the fire started as soon as we got out. But I am fine, Phillip. I was a little weak, got barely any food and water, but I'm feeling better now."

"Good. Now get my daughter in here." I smiled for the first time in a while.

Anne's POV:
It's been about 3 weeks since the whole fire, and these past few weeks have been pretty nice. Phillip and I had been spending a lot of time together. I still haven't told him that I'm pregnant, mostly because I thought after everything that's happened these past few weeks, I knew that would be the last thing he needed. There was also that tiny part of me that thought he might think it was too soon. After all, Amelia was only a year old.

I had thankfully been feeling perfectly fine this time around, and I had been doing just fine at practice and at the shows, so I assumed he didn't know something was up.

I was walking to the tent by myself, trying to clear my head while figuring out how to tell Phillip that I was pregnant. I look up to see the tent coming into view. I walk a little bit faster, eager to practice.

Suddenly, I feel someone grab my arm and pull me into a dark alley. I get turned around and pushed against a wall. I look at who is facing me.

"Mother!?"