Fired up

Phillip's POV:
I make my way to the main entrance of Elizabeth's "hideout", and I immediately feel uneasy. It looks just like her actual home, not one difference. I make my way to her office, where I see her sitting in her chair, not even looking up.

"Where's Anne!?"

This time, she looks up at me, a massive grin on her face.

"Wow. I'm shocked that you actually came."

"I am only going to ask once more. WHERE IS ANNE?!?!?"

"Oop, I don't remember writing in the letter that I would just tell you where she was. Where's the deed?"

I pull the "deed" out of my pocket, and lay it down on her desk.

"There, that is the deed to the circus and everything that comes with it. Now, where is Anne!?"

"She's safe in my cellar, for now, but I think I'll keep her a little while longer." She says this with a smirk.

"NO! You promised that if I came to you with the deed to the circus that you would give Anne back!"

"Yes, but that was just a trick. I was never really going to just give Anne back to you, I just needed a reason to get the deed to your circus so I could destroy it from the inside out."

"Now that you know everything, I'll have my guards remove you from the premises."

All of the anger from the past few days suddenly comes out at once. I lunge forward, and I punch Elizabeth right in the face, and it feels amazing.

I immediately feel someone's hands wrap around me, and before I know it, I'm handcuffed to a wall.

"Since you think you're so smart, try getting out of this in one piece."

She grins before grabbing the lantern in the room, and chucking it, lighting the room on fire.

"Bye, bye, Phillip."

Elizabeth gives me one last smile, and then walks away. I slowly realize that I might not make it out after all.

Anne's POV
"How'd you find me?" I asked the group weakly. I did not feel good at all.

"Elizabeth left Phillip a letter." Charles explained.

"Where is he?" I wondered.

"He's distracting Mother." W.D said, sounding disgusted.

"What if she hurts him?" I was worried.

"He'll be fine. He's just giving her what she asked for in exchange for you."

"Wait, what!?"

"Don't worry, Anne, it's nothing important." Lettie assured me.

We continued running through the halls of the house, worried we might get caught. Where was Phillip? Was he going to meet up with us somewhere?

"P.T, can you get the door? We have to be quiet here." W.D said.

"Got it." P.T. whispered.

He slowly opened the creaking door, and we all got out safely. But then I began coughing, and so did the rest of us. Then I saw smoke.

And flames.

The building was on fire.

Not something like this again!

"What part of the building is Phillip in?" I asked, noticing that it had not reached the entire house yet.

"Her office. Where is that, I've never been to her house." W.D explained.

"The fire is worse there than any other part of the house!" I exclaimed. "I need to-" I stopped, wheezing. "We have to save Phillip!"

"Anne, stay here." W.D placed me down carefully, letting P.T and Lettie hold me up. I was still feeling terribly.

"I need to help Phillip!"

"Let him." Charles cut in.

A few minutes passed, and I was beginning to believe that I'd lost my husband as well as my only brother. I couldn't do this alone. I needed Phillip! I can't raise my baby girl alone, and I can't handle what I just found out without him.

It was supposed to be a happy announcement.

Then I heard coughs from the door W.D ran in. I saw him stumbling out, covered in rubble, and I just broke down sobbing. He looked so poorly, and so did Phillip in his arms.

I knelt to the ground wailing, my hands in my face. I heard W.D kneel beside me, laying my husband in my arms.

"He still has a pulse." He told me. "But I don't know how long it'll last."

I brushed the rubble off his face and his hair out of his eyes. "I love you."