Alone at last

Anne's POV:
"I'm really nervous about this, Phillip."

"Why would you be nervous?"

"Because I'm just handing over my only child to my mother, who abandoned my brother and I when we were just little kids."

"Anne, you seriously still don't trust her? It's been a week since you first saw her, and she's been nothing but nice to everyone."

"I'm just scared. What if something... bad happens to Amelia, and it's my fault because I let my mom be around her." I can feel tears forming in my eyes and my throat holding back a sob.

I feel Phillip walk towards me and wrap his arms around me, his head on my shoulder.

"I promise you, nothing will ever happen to Amelia. I will always be here to protect you and Amelia, now and forever."

I give him a slight smile.

"Thanks, Phillip."

"Always."

He pulls away from me just enough to look me in the eyes, and gives me a kiss. I wrap my arms around his neck, deepening the kiss. I pull away after a few moments to catch my breath.

"Come on. Let's get Amelia to your mom's."

I grab Amelia, tightening my grip on her just a little bit.

Phillip and I make our way to my mom's place, and I'm honestly dreading it.

We eventually made it, and I must say, her place is nice. It's a two floor house with a lush garden and a long walkway to the door.

I slowly make my way to the door, Phillip behind me holding Amelia.

I ring the doorbell, my heart beating faster. My mom immediately opens the door.

"Welcome you two! Please come in!"

I give her a small smile before stepping inside, and my eyes widen when I see how nice her house is.

"So, where is my beautiful granddaughter?"

Phillip slowly shows Amelia to my mom, and she gets the biggest smile on her face.

"Oh she's so beautiful. She looks a lot like you, ya know," she says while looking at Phillip.

"Thank you. I thought she looked more like Anne, but I do know that she has some of my features." Phillip says, feeling proud that someone thought Amelia looked like him.

"So, when do you think you would want her back?" My mom asks suddenly.

"Does half past ten tomorrow work for you?" Phillip asks.

"That works perfectly. I'll see you two to the door."

My mother guides us back to the door, the smile on her face never leaving.

"Thank you two again for letting me spend time with her. You guys enjoy your first full night kid free."

"We will. Thanks mom." I say for the first time.

"See you guys tomorrow!"

"See you."

I take Phillip's arm, and we make our way back down the walkway.

"I thought that it would be hard to leave Amelia, but I'm actually pretty excited." I say with a smile on my face.

"So are you starting to trust your mom again?" Phillip asks me.

"Maybe just a little bit." I say with a smile.

"HECK YEAH!" Phillip screams before grabbing my legs and carrying me bridal style. I squeal like a child.

"So, what do you wanna do now that we don't have Amelia for a whole day?" I ask.

"I have a couple ideas." Phillip says before giving me a very passionate kiss while I'm still in his arms. I smile while our lips are still together.

"What are you thinking?"

Phillip's POV
I explain to Anne that I want to surprise her with my plans for today. I'm going to take her on a, hopefully, romantic date. I will probably just go with the flow, and see what happens, though. Anne tends to be pretty spontaneous when she gets to know you.

"I'm taking you on a date, but that's all I'm going to say." I tell her, leaning against the doorframe of our bedroom.

"Phillip, I need to know what to wear." She crosses her arms.

"Just wear something that you can walk in. I would say dress nicely, but you always look nice." I approach her, pecking her lips for probably the millionth time since we left Elizabeth's house only an hour or so ago.

"Alright." She says, suspicion clear in her voice.

A few minutes pass, and our wonderful day together continues.

"Where are we going?" She laughs.

"Well, I thought we could start with a nice stroll, and then we'd end up where our first date location is."

"First? Phillip, what did you plan?"

"I can't wait for you to find out."

We walk a while longer, a comfortable silence present. I occasionally say something to make her laugh, or we bring up our future, some topics more awkward than others.

"Here we are." Anne looks at me, a wide smile spread across her face.

"Phillip, this is beautiful."

"Not as beautiful as you." I internally slap my face. "Sorry, that was corny."

"In the best way possible." She assures me. "Now, come, show me what you have planned for us today."

I led her over to the blanket set across the sandy beach. A small tent-like set up is over our heads to keep from the weather, good or bad.

"How did you set this all up?" She asked, leaning on my shoulder as I unpack the food from the picnic basket that was prepared here.

"I may or may not have gotten some help from some friends." I shrugged sheepishly. "And, don't worry, they did it just a few minutes ago, so the food should be perfect."

"You're amazing."

"As are you, my love."

We sat together, eating and talking about irrelevant things, but tonight, we could do that, for we had no baby to go home to.

"We should bring Amelia here sometime." I heard Anne say softly.

"You think?" I asked gently.

By now we had finished eating, and she laid down across my lap, allowing me to play with her hair.

"Yes. She would love it here. She's able to walk better now, picture how adorable she would look stumbling down the beach."

"We can do that sometime." I promised her.

"Thank you. It'll be fun. I want to make as many memories with her now as possible."

"So do I. Come!" I helped her stand up, and we began walking down the beach again, but it was only so long before we were heading back home.

As soon as we get home, my lips crash into Anne's, my hands on her waist. I feel her arms wrap around my neck, pulling me closer towards her. I grab her by the legs, not pulling away at all. We make our way to our room, and well... you can imagine what happened next.