Death

🌑

It was summertime, the days were long, the nights short. Justice and her mother walked toward Abe, sheriff Calahan, a couple feet next to him. She wore a traditional long white dress, pristine white gloves, with her hair up to show off her gold necklace that her grandmother gifted her for this occasion. In front of Abe, she passed her large, colorful bouquet to her mother beside her. She held her beloved's hands and matched his smile brightly on the happiest day of their lives. This is the moment they became one; to have and to hold from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, soulmates til death do them part. Although they would prefer a never-ending life together.

The day their home was built from the ground up was the day they decided this would be their forever home, it would be passed down to every generation of the family they knew they wanted to make together. The sunset view from every window in their bedroom was her favorite feature and her idea. The months flew by brick by brick, a year had passed since their home had been made. And so had passed the pregnancies they tried to save. However, Abe loved her too much to let her go. 

By the next peak of summertime, Justice was depressed. It had been so hard on her emotionally and physically that the pain was evident and shared. She took walks every morning around the edge of the woods, mostly by the river ahead, her mother's health also in her mind.

One day, she and Abe walked together he took her to their sacred place in the woods, where they admitted their love for each other for the very first time. It was just as wonderful as they remembered it, the waterfall crashing onto every rock, the sound left a hum, and a smell of freshness in the air. They stayed there a while just listening to the sounds of nature. 

“I wanted to make you feel better and figured this'll be the best place. ” Abe broke the silence as he played with her loose hair.

She laid her head on his chest and placed his hand on her chest in response. “I shouldn't feel like this. I love my life with you, and I love you, but… I just.. . I… ” she sighs, not wanting to say what they're both thinking.

“I know, my love.”

It had turned dark by the time they decided to head home. It seemed as if they traveled deeper into the woods than they remembered because the odd sound of footsteps grew louder. There stood a woman unbeknownst to them was the witch with a trick in her hands. Abe stood in front of her, shielding his wife from the cloaked stranger. They felt no imminent danger from this stranger, granted that she looked like a frail forest dweller.
“Hello there, ” and with those words came the social exchange with a deceiver.

In no time did the witch mention her powers of spiritual knowledge  and gained somewhat of their interest. Justice was more skeptical than Abe about this strange settler. The witch tried her best to convince them that their problems with conception weren't just physical but had also involved metaphysics. That Justice and Abe had to be both connected by body and mind. Abe had no thought in his mind that he and his wife were the most connected couple in the world. Justice kissed him, not doubting it for a second.

The witch then came to think that mated companions would be a wonderful addition to her packs. She took out some of the salve and stretched out a glass bottle in her hands to Justice. “This could fix it all,”