Heart

🌔

Meanwhile, Abe lied to his father about going hunting to go into the woods together. He made sure he convinced his father of his whereabouts strictly for hunting practice as an apprentice. 

In reality, Abe and Justice spent as much time together as possible outside of their duty at the market stands for their individual families.
They had adventures, even Walle was brought along sometimes for fun.

That soon ended once his father found out. Abe's father commanded his apprentice to be focused on the future. A man's future was not without income and responsibilities; his father expressed his concerns by advising that if he wanted to court Justice, he had better make sure she was ready for marriage. Those were all the things Abe said back to her, word for word from his father's lecture.

And although she loved Abe as a friend and a partner for her life with her whole heart, she would never marry a man that hunted living creatures for the sport of it. He understood, but he was also afraid of his father's reaction to the revelation of him not wanting his father's legacy. He was most terrified of losing the only woman he ever loved the way he did in that moment of his life. She thought he needed to stand up for himself to his father's commands.

As Justice had a tremendous heart for creatures of all kinds made in the world, it was a horrific sight when her mother gave her a knife wrapped in red cloth inside a wooden box. Her mother said it belonged to Justice's father. He himself said he wanted Justice, his only child, to have it. A knife he made by hand, by a true blacksmith. It was engraved with lines and crescents on the bottom.

She wanted to ask her father so many of her questions about this and amongst her other thoughts, though she knew they were more than oceans away from one another. — Why a dagger? Why would she need this piece of violence in her life? — Came those thoughts right after stowing it somewhere in her room. It made her think of how time and time again she really wondered who her father actually was. It made the slightest change in her view of who she fantasized about him to be as her father.

In truth, it was a godsend to receive such a powerful weapon by the blacksmith, but she just didn't know it at the time. How could she if she didn't even know his name.