Worth

🌘

Justice was the daughter of a single parent who was shamed for not having a father figure for her only daughter. She was born in July, on an early night, the town's midwife had been the most helpful woman to deliver her when she was ready to live in the world beside her mother. At the time, there were only two loving and cheerful faces to welcome her, that of the woman who cleaned her first and the woman who would take care of her for her entire life. The other two people there were less than excited to meet her. Her grandparents were not unkind, but they were very religious, and the fact that they now had a granddaughter and no son in law was more than upsetting.

After her first few years, she was talking and mimicking everyone. Her mother always loved her interest in everything and anyone. Her intelligence overall was outstanding.
Her education was of utmost importance. It was the only thing that could carry her forward in this world.

At the early age of thirteen, it took her one insult to defend herself with nothing but her wit. She was teased as a child because of her appearance. She looked little like her mother, and her father was a mystery.
She received several injuries by the children who pinned her to a wall. They ridiculed her dark hair and skin, the clumsy way she walked.

As the years went by, she was not treated with much more respect. People her age and older spread an awful lot of rumors about her small family. Not everyone recognized her worth. It often left her questioning it herself, but her mother was quick to put out those flames of nonsense. Her mother was the strongest woman she had ever met, and yet even she had self-esteem issues that Justice had no clue about. "Your self-worth isn't determined by others. Don't ever doubt it."

"My moonchild," her mother would say every night before bed.