Sabra and Shatila Massacres ( 1982 )

Tw / Massacres, Rape, Triggering Content.

The Sabra and Shatila Massacre of 1982 was the killing of between 460 and 3500 civilians, majority of which were composed of Palestinians and Lebanese Shia Muslims.

It took place in the city of Beirut at the time of the Lebanese Civil War, perpetrated by the Lebanese Forces.

The massacre was located in the Sabra neighbourhood as well the Shatila refugee camp. The camp was home to survivors of the 1948 Nakba.

The motive for the attack was the assassination of Lebanese politician, Bachir Gemayel.

From September 16th to the 18th, the Lebanese Forces carried out the massacres whilst the Israeli Defence Force ( IDF ) had the Palestinian camp surrounded. It continued for 43 hours.

The IDF had ordered the militia to clear out the fighters of the Palestine Liberation Organization (PLO) from Sabra and Shatila as part of a larger Israeli movement into Western Beirut.

As the massacre unfolded, despite the IDF receiving multiple reports of atrocities being committed, they did not take any action to stop it.

Acts perpetrated by Phalangists and the IDF include :
- slaughter
- r4pe
- mut1lation
- mass graves

Trigger warning for the next paragraph, it will contain a statement made during the massacre. It talks about r4pe, ex3cution and quite graphic and disturbing imagery. You do not have to keep reading this part onwards.

Quite recently, a Zionist took to Twitter to make the claim that Hamas r4ped a pr3gn4nt woman and took the baby 0ut. This is false, rather a telling of what happened during the Sabra and Shatila Massacre.

The next images are witness statements of the massacre that contain quite graphic description. You do not have to keep reading, it is only evidence to support my claim. Feel free to move onto the next part if you wish so.

( I have blurred out some words that I think are quite graphic and triggering to read )