Chapter Four.

I hate that boy. He's cute and all with curly hair, dreamy eyes and everything an ideal boy should have but then he's an ass to the whole school. I can't believe he's the first person I'm seeing on the first day of school.

I groan loudly amd Darren laughs. He knows about my hatred for Michael. I think everyone knows even Michael himself. Almost the whole school hates him. We only like his looks and other things which I won't mention.

"I don't get why you guys hate the guy" Anita says, "he's cute."

"Please don't praise him, this year is already ruined."

Anita smiles at me. I and Anita are chill like that and it annoys my brother. I think I got close to her to annoy my brother.

"Ignore her she hates school" Darren turns to me, "leave now, Whit, you don't want to miss senior year and please say hi to Michael for me."

I give Darren a very stern glare and walk out of his car harshly as he promises he'd pick me after school. Once they leave, reality dawns on me. I realize, I'm alone in the world again. I hate being an introvert sometimes, it's annoying.

Right now, I have to find my locker and I know that'd take me time. I hope Diane and her friends talk to me. What am I saying? They'd talk to me. It's the first day of school. With that courage, I walk into the building even though my heart is beating loudly.

"Whitney!!" Diane yells and hugs me. She always does taste very first day of school, "how are you? It's been so long. I missed you all like crazy."

"I know" I give her a small smile knowing it's a lie. She obviously forgot about me.

"I can't believe it, we made it up to senior year. It's so amazing, I can't wait to see Courtney and this year is beautiful because Grayson is officially single.

He cut it off with Bianca so, be careful, this year might be full of drama." I wished it was like this every day. But it's not. The drama would never involve me. I can only sit and watch.

Diane goes on and on about Grayson and then she talks about how Michael is the cutest jerk she's ever seen. Tell me about it. When she's done rambling, her friends join her and she officially leaves me just like everyone else.

That is the most that I'm going to speak in school this year but it's worth it cause I got to know my locker.

In our school Brighton's High school, yeah, I know, not such a great name but this school has standards for almost everything. It's not a private school though that's what makes it wonderful. Sometimes, I feel like I'm in a private school.

And if the uniform thing is agreed to, then I'd certainly be in private school in my mind. The thing is I've been in private school all my life except now. At the start of my high school, mom and dad had lost their previous job that gave them more money and less travelling. For this reason, I'm stuck here with people that just don't  care about me.

So I'm alone all the time. I'm anticipating it today and I feel bad as always. I guess that's why people don't really want to talk to me. Maybe it's not only because of how I look but because I'm always a bit moody.

And my face doesn't help matters. I have very long, full hair. It's beautiful like that of a black girl except I'm not black but brunnete. And I have the blue eyes and I think my lips are nice cause they are pink but the thing that makes me ugly are the tiny freckles on my face.

They are not visible from far but they are there and let's not start with the little dots acne left on my face from last year. Thank God that's gone, I was almost depressed because of it.

And depression is the worst thing I can be right now. I mean, I really have no reason to be sad, I've got good parents, a nice brother, good grades but I'm still insatiable as a human. My greatest weakness is that I mostly compare myself to people.