Chapter Nine.

"Have you seen Darren?" Anita asks again and I look over at Darren to find him still stuck to the girl but he's dancing with her right now. I hate parties. Why do people even like them?

"No" I reply almost immediately.

But then I see Michael looking towards his direction and then at me. He knows, the fool knows and if he spills then I will so cut his hair, he'd be bald. I don't make empty promises.

And his hair has been on my mind these days.

I give Michael a pleading look begging him not to spill. Our feud is between the both of us and using my brother as revenge is very low even for him.

"I like this drink" Michael says to Anita and I thank him in my head for not being a coward for once, "and I think I've found your guy, over there."

With that, he walks away. I'm sure, everyone knows why I hate Michael by now and if he wakes up bald tomorrow, I'm pretty sure we'd all know why. The boy is an idiot. Why on earth did he tell her? He's ruining someone's relationship.

The look on Anita's face tells me that she's hurt. Anyone would be. It's their anniversary tonight, I'm pretty sure that that's why he's throwing the party in the first place but he chose to cheat on her.

Anita is about to move over there, tears glistening in her eyes and I know that for a fact, she loves my brother. I've never been one to pry on their relationship, most of the time, I don't care but seeing her now tells me the intensity of trust she had for him.

"Don't go over there, Anita. Just calm down" I grab her hand and she stops a little. That's my girl, I knew that she would listen but she tries to release my hand and I pull her away with all the strength I have left.

Michael is an idiot. I'll get back at him somehow.

"Let go of me, Whitney. Have you gone insane? Leave me alone." She finally manages to pull her hands out of mine and she glares at me, tears falling freely on her cheek. "What's your problem?!"

"Anita, calm down."

"I should calm down! You saw your brother there right, I'm sure you want to defend him."

"That'd be cruel of me, don't you think? I know you want to go there and fight, I know you hate what you saw but if you go there, those people would make you feel less of yourself. They'd make fun of you. You might get into trouble. Over a stupid boy."

"Don't say that to me" Anita warns me, pointing directly at me, "you don't know how relationships work and you probably never will. So get the hell away from me."

I know by now I should leave but this is Anita. Before she started dating my brother, she was my only friend. The only person who could at least relate to my weirdness and know when I needed her to stop talking.

So, I walk towards her because I know I can calm her down and I don't want her to embarrass herself. "Anita, you've got to listen to me. Fine, I agree, I don't know how these things work but at least, I know that the girl who is with Darren right now, wants you to embarass yourself. Don't fall into temptation."

"I shouldn't fall into temptation?" Anita laughs sardonically, "you knew about this, didn't you? You knew your brother was cheating on me with her. She goes to your school and he lives here."

What the hell is she saying? I didn't even have a clue and up till now I don't know who the girl is. But I might murder her for making Anita cry.

"I didn't know I swear" my voice was becoming weak because people had gathered now to watch the scene and I hated the accusations that Anita laid on me. She was breathing heavily now, she looked so pained.