2. Lies

-Jaden-

-Jaden-

I wasn't sure what possessed me to go after Cameron. Maybe I felt the need to do it because Oliver had wanted to go find his shadow guardian, but was too weak to even get up from the couch. Or maybe I felt something for the shadow.

That short moment he had possessed me had taught me a little bit about this Champion. I'd felt the rage that had swallowed him and kept him forever imprisoned. I'd felt how much he hated this world. His need to burn this entire realm was so intense it had driven him mad. I had not felt anything good in him. I'd never felt anything as horribly terrifying as Cameron in my entire life.

Purest form of evil.

But his spirit had to still be there... Somewhere below all that evil, there was a dying spirit who still remembered how to love. A spirit who still waited to be saved. I'd never forget the small purple thing Jack's spirit had become... And I was terrified of seeing what Cameron's looked like after decades of torment.

It was easy to follow the shadow. I and everyone around could feel the evil he was leaving behind, spilling it everywhere. He'd not gone far. I could feel his ageless darkness in the woods up ahead, so I made my way to the closest tree and stepped in.

"Cameron?" I spoke quietly as I approached the small, dark vortex of hate.

He was not doing good... Not at all...

'Stay the fuck away from me!'

"That's not how we do things around here," I replied, and finally saw him behind the trees.

'I don't care! Fuck off!'

I stepped closer. "Oliver is really, really sorry for what–"

'GO AWAY!'

"Cameron, let's just take a deep breath, all right?" I said as calmly as I could and took another step toward him.

Man, his darkness was getting strong... The infestation in him was gaining control...

'I can't... hold it...' he told me, his voice exhausted.

"So... I'm in trouble now, huh...?" I said quietly and still walked closer until I could've reached to touch him.

I could feel gods close by, ready to come to my aid if needed. They stayed out of our sight for now, in case their presence angered Cameron even more.

'Just fucking leave...!'

"No, because I know you can contain it," I said. "You are stronger than the corruption."

He turned his angry attention to me. His form wasn't exactly human, but he had a face, and seething rage was written all over it.

"Don't give me that look. I'm not wrong," I told him.

All I got was seething rage as a reply. But then he turned away, his entire being heaving. He really had to fight the corruption this time.