9. Problem

-Oliver-

-Oliver-

It wasn't easy to convince the older werewolves to let us return to Natalie's after Adam's surprise visit, but eventually, Ben managed to convince them that he and his coworkers would keep a very close eye on us all. And I guess they felt sorry for us since once the new base was complete, we would have to leave our teenage lives behind and live there as weapons until the end of this war.

Our little group was being pretty silent when we returned home and took our seats around the TV while Natalie started making snacks. The sudden encounter with Adam, the idea of our new base, and the arrival of our new allies were clearly on everyone's mind. Jaden put on yet another comedy movie for us, but no one was watching it.

"I wonder how long it'll take to build that base," Jack eventually muttered and sighed.

"Not long, I'm guessing," Arch replied.

"Not with the help of the peacekeepers and witches, no," Tilly said.

Jack hummed in his thoughts. "Sucks... I kind of got used to this never-ending pajama party..."

"Yeah..." Arch muttered.

Silence fell again, and I knew we all were thinking about the same. We all felt like these next few days would be our last days of normal life, and then... It would be over. The world was already ending, and at that moment, none of us really had much hope. If Adam had been building his army and gathered tools for hundreds of years... Even those fighter jets didn't feel like much.

And the worst part was that I could still feel Adam's evil surrounding me. I could almost feel him watching me...

I looked up at Jaden, and he immediately turned his attention to me. He gave me a small smile and took my hand in his. He wanted to reassure me that everything would be fine, but he didn't know how.

How I wished we could be just regular teenagers... That wish grew almost painful at that moment as I sat next to my amazing boyfriend, surrounded by my new cool friends in my new, beautiful home while my new caring mom was making us pizza rolls...

I would never get to enjoy this new, wonderful life I finally got after years and years of crying myself to sleep alone...

It was so unfair...

"You know we'll win this war, right?" Jaden said when my pain grew too much for him to handle. He turned to look at the others. "We will win."

"Yeah," Tilly agreed, but with much less strength in her voice.

"Of course," Arch said as well, but only to humor him.

Jaden snorted loudly. "You'll see..."

I wanted to tell him that I believed him, but at that very moment, I didn't. I just didn't have enough energy or faith to believe him.