5. Rest

-Oliver-

-Oliver-

I slept the rest of the day and through the night without waking up once. And yet, when I did wake up late the next morning, I didn't feel like I'd gotten any rest. I did feel a bit better, but also sick and weak. Like I was having the worst possible cold that had lasted for so long my body had lost all its strength. Even lifting my arm was difficult.

I mean yeah, I did get stabbed like twenty times, and half of my spirit got torn off, but I was so incredibly weak it scared me. Jaden had to make sure I stayed up on my feet when I moved. Natalie, who had arrived first thing in the morning to make sure I was all right, tried to ensure me it was happening because of my broken spirit, and that I would feel better once I'd rested enough. But I could see the fear in her eyes...

But I didn't want to talk about it yet. I wasn't well enough to hear just how bad the situation was, so I let her comfort me. Besides, as long as I stayed still, I was fine. Thankfully, I was let to stay still and snuggle against Jaden's chest on the couch, but I couldn't really get any rest. Not with so many people barging in and out, people coming to brief us in, people asking questions... Every time someone spoke, my head hurt. I didn't want to answer any questions. I was too tired to think. I was too tired to talk.

And I wasn't the only one. My werewolves were getting tired and irritated as we were once again forced to stay inside without being given any peace and quiet. I knew the people meant well, and were worried about us, but we were all losing our minds.

Around noon, Rayleigh arrived with his Betas. Fenrir and Selene were also there to let us know they'd not found anything yet. Natalie was still there, still trying to heal my soul, and Aurora was hovering over us like she always did... There were so many people stuffed in that small house... Everyone was talking, some more quietly than others, but it was still too much.

My head was about to explode.

"I want to go home," I said, interrupting every single conversation around me.

Natalie and everyone else in the room turned to look at me. I loved that small moment of silence.

"Home? You mean...?" Aurora spoke, and I could already tell what her answer was. She didn't want to let us leave, but Natalie gave me a smile, looking like she really wanted to take me home.

"Yeah. I want to go home," I repeated quietly, looking at Aurora. "I want to take a long bath. I want to watch a movie. I want to sleep. I want... I want silence."

"I mean... I wouldn't mind that..." Tilly spoke, and the rest of my friends looked like they wanted to agree with me as well.

Aurora pursed her lips, choosing her words carefully. She really didn't want us to leave. Rayleigh, on the other hand, watched me closely, then glanced at his son next to me. Jaden tilted his head, silently telling him he wanted that as well.