8. Army

-Oliver-

-Oliver-

We spent most of the day at Blue Moon territory, just hanging out and catching up with everyone. They were more interested in hearing about what we'd been up to than telling us anything related to the ongoing war.

And they were especially secretive about our new allies. I wondered if that had something to do with Adam's ability to listen to my thoughts. Maybe.

We returned to our place for the night, and we spent a long time trying to guess what these new allies were, but without any clues, they could be pretty much anything. Even the stuff about art of war didn't really help much, so we gave up and watched a movie instead.

But the next day, Fenrir came to let us know the new allies would arrive at the new base later in the day, and if we wanted, we could come watch. Of course we wanted to go. Not only would we see these new allies, but we'd get to see our new home base as well. We still weren't sure what to think of having to move, but... We all knew it had to be done.

We would come back home once this war was over, Adam defeated, and our world saved.

Then it was time to go. Ben first took us to the Blue Moon territory, where we were accompanied by many, many others. The alliance leaders were there, so were their betas and other high ranked pack members. And quite a lot of vampires. But I didn't spot anyone out of the ordinary. No members of new races or anything, so I assumed we'd meet with the new allies at the new base.

When everyone was ready, the peacekeepers made us a large portal we could use, and feeling nervous and excited, we stepped through.

I stopped to stare at the vast landscape in front of me. Heidi was already there, standing alone on a hilltop in front of us. She was watching something far in the distance. Her long hair and green dress moved slowly in the wind, giving this scene a sad, eerie feeling.

We made our way to her, staying quiet as well. This place gave me the chills, for some reason... I could feel power all around me, but saw nothing. I expected to see something below us when we reached the top of the hill. I was wrong.

We stopped next to Heidi. I stared into the distance, over the barren land that reminded me of a remote tundra that continued further than my eye could see. The sky was gray, and the air chilly, but there was only a little snow left. When I glanced over my shoulder, I saw the beginning of an old forest, and a line of small mountains far in the distance.

Jaden shifted his weight next to me, his posture tall and relaxed as he studied the nothingness around us. He was not happy to be away from his territory, but he wasn't complaining. Not with so many lives at stake.

"So this is it?" I asked Heidi.

"This is it," she replied to me, leaning against her cane.

"Where are we?" I asked.