4. Strong

-Tilly-

-Tilly-

I let out a sigh as I curled up under my covers, listening to the silence in my room. I could feel my family, my brothers, and friends close by, right behind the walls, but I still felt like I was completely alone. I both preferred it, but also wished I wasn't alone. I didn't have the energy to talk, but I could've used company.

I guess I was a bit jealous... Arch had Jack, and Jaden had Oliver. It used to be just Jaden, Arch, and I... Us three against the world. I didn't miss the part about being against the world, and I was happy my brothers had found their mates already, but at times like these, I missed us three curled up together as wolves, keeping each other company. That had always been my safe place...

Now... I didn't know what my safe place was. At least they all were close by, and I found solace in their presence in me. I could feel them, almost like I could feel my own feelings. It had always been like that, but ever since the Cerberus in us woke up, their presence had grown strong.

Maybe that was my safe place now. Because no matter where I was, and wherever they were, I still carried them with me.

And maybe... Maybe I had a safe place of my own. Although, right now, I wasn't sure what was going on with Ben and me. I'd playfully called him mine, and he'd agreed to it, but we hadn't really had the opportunity to even hang out after that, so...

On top of that, everything else was weird now, too. We fought Adam and escaped. Well, got tossed out. Everything happened so fast, and I had no idea how to feel or what to think.

I knew one thing. It scared me how easily Adam could toss us around. How could he do that...? How could he still just break our protections with a snap of his fingers and teleport us across the realms? That really needed to get solved fast.

But also... That was kind of cool what we did back there. Not only was Jack able to freaking resurrect himself and grow to the size of a mountain, and Oliver could fight Adam with only half of his soul and abilities left, but also the rest of us, the Cerberus, kept squashing the little minions like bugs. They couldn't do shit to us. Literally. Not a single scratch! And the way I was able to sense the enemy's attacks by using Arch's vision was so incredibly awesome!

It kind of freaked me out how excited I got thinking about it... Was it wrong to be excited? Because I... wasn't that afraid of him or this huge army he had. I should be afraid, right? But I wasn't the only one... I could feel how calm my brothers were, too. Jaden and Arch did not really care about what happened. Not the same way we all had cared before.

We were strong now.

But I couldn't really understand Adam. Why he was trying to end the world was a question on its own, but if he had such a big, mighty army, and all the toys the gods had lost, why was it so easy for us to defeat him and his men? Why did he not give some of those toys he had to his men? Was he that self-centered? Or did it just not cross his mind that we'd grown so strong already?