Clear skies (Chapter 13)

A lot could go wrong. First of all, the said dragon was not even in his office. But who was? A very upset archon who looked ready to tear Wriothesley's eyeballs out if he made a single wrong move. Lady Furina was standing in Neuvillette's office, clearly very worried. She glared at Wriothesley and told him to leave, as he was not wanted here. He didn't listen and walked right up to her.

"Lady Furina, what's wrong? Where is Monsieur Neuvillette?"

"Who knows! He hasn't been here today and won't speak to me!"

"What?"

"Neuvillette took a day off!"

He did what? The Iudex, the great Chief Justice of Fontaine, took a day off? The man hasn't had a single day off in hundreds of years! What the hell is going on? Wriothesley just stared at the worried archon, not quite sure what to do.

"Lady Furina? Is it my fault?"

"Why would it be your fault?"

"Well..."

"Wriothesley."

"I may or may not be the one behind Matheo's disappearance, and I can understand that a lot of people are blaming Neuvillette, and perhaps that's why he is upset and left?"

The archon glared at him, she was fuming.

"You did what!"

"Is that why he is upset?"

"PROBABLY!"

"I'm sorry-"

"I'm sorry my ass! Go apologize to him!"

"I don't know where he is-"

"I'll teleport you to where he most likely is hiding."

"Please don't."

"Too late, it's your own fault!"

His surroundings disappeared, and he left Neuvillette's office, or he was thrown out of it by Furina. It took a second before he was thrown down into something soft. Something soft that moved. He looked up, and to his horror, he had landed right on Neuvillette's... tail? His tail. Neuvillette had a tail. And he was laying on it. 

Not only that, but Neuvillette was... not exactly human-looking. He had scales and sharp teeth, and the blue streaks in his hair had hardened into horns. He was beautiful and terrifying. Neuvillette not only looked terrifying but also terrified. He suddenly had the Duke thrown onto his tail, which made him freeze in shock. The two looked at each other for a moment before Wriothesley sprung up and moved back into a corner. He could now get a better look at Neuvillette... and his tail. He wasn't wearing his coat, his hair was loose, and he of course looked upset. Wriothesley had guessed that much. He had not guessed that the Iudex would be pouting. Like actually pouting. The man- eh... dragon before him was pouting.