Chapter 2

"Believe in me, and then you will find me! just as I found you after all my searching!"

I continued to look around, left and right, my heart nearly stopping from fear as shivers coursed through me, I was immersed in a world I could hardly distinguish, unsure if it was a dream, an illusion, reality, or even a nightmare.

All I could see was that faint light emanating from afar, like a beacon of hope in many dark corners, for a moment, I felt as though I was inside a horror game, and the strangest part of my fear was that I felt caught between reality and fantasy, I felt like I was trapped in a dream, yet fully aware of what was happening to me, living through realistic events.

I instinctively placed my hands on my chest as my body felt disoriented by what was happening.

"What is this desolate place, and where am I?" I exclaimed loudly, screaming in distress.

I continued to mutter to myself, as if consoling and supporting my own self, trying not to fear or panic any more than I already did, after all, I was alone in this unfamiliar, secluded place, with nothing but myself to rely on, I tried to calm myself down, whispering to myself until I suddenly fell silent, sensing a breath of fire approaching my neck, but I couldn't see where it was coming from.

The place was empty, with only one other person, which was me, however I became certain of the presence of another person with me when I heard a female voice, causing me to swallow hard as soon as I heard it.

"Continue speaking to yourself, for I adore your voice when you speak." She said.

I couldn't turn around, but I sensed the presence of someone behind me, all I could distinguish was her scent and her voice, her scent was incredibly alluring, filling the air strongly, and her voice was sharp but carried a touch of gentleness while speaking to me.

"Where am I...? please let me go."

"You are in the dungeon."

"The d-dungeon? I hate these places!" I screamed loudly, my voice trembling with a hint of tears, and that's when I felt her whispering in my ear.

"You are in my castle, and I implore you to stay with me longer so I can kiss you and you won't move away from me, I am willing to do anything to make you mine."

I continued to press my hands against my chest to stop the pounding that threatened to make me lose consciousness, my breath grew increasingly erratic, and it finally spoke audibly, unlike my previously hushed voice.

"Blood and bodies in the ground of this dungeon... did you choose me to be your victim too?"

The voice drew closer to my ear. "Don't be afraid my love, I won't harm you." Her voice became more intimate as she whispered to me. "I've been tormenting myself for years just to touch you, and no one can harm you as long as I'm alive, not only alive but immortal with you."

I responded with a trembling voice, my eyes still closed. "You're frightening me now, you're hurting me, and that's what they told me."

She sighed in frustration. "Now, I confess to you that I adore you, far from these intrusive humans who neither understand nor feel, I possess the power to appear to whomever I choose, and that's why I've chosen you to see me and no one else unless you wish to show yourself to them, I left your room when I sensed your fear due to that incident that frightened you, which was me, simply because I can't refuse your request." She continued, her voice taking on a commanding tone, slightly louder than before. "I won't distance myself from you or leave you to mortals to touch a strand of your hair."

I responded with a voice tinged with sadness. "I promise I won't marry, but please let me return to my home, and don't keep me here, for I fear the darkness to death."

Her sweet voice whispered in my ear again, causing my body to tremble. "Don't be afraid my love, I've lit a lantern for you over there to guide your way."

I said to her despairingly because I understood the meaning of her sentence. "You won't leave me, will you?"She whispered in my ear again. "I won't hate you for anything, even if I wanted, I could have done it before and kept you here to share love with you whenever I pleased but I want you to reciprocate my feelings and feel me, I've always seen you and admired you, I've loved you and stayed by your side every night as you sleep, I've even tried to invade your dreams, but I couldn't, I tried to touch you, but I feared hurting you, all I wished for is for you to know that there's a woman from another world who adores every cell in your body and wishes to be with you, if you desire."