Chapter 4

Daniela hugged me tightly, and I couldn't control my fear, while she tightened the embrace and kissed me on the cheek. "Don't be frightened, no one will harm you because I'm your girlfriend."

I was shocked by her words but I didn't argue with her, how could she refer to herself as my beloved? the answer was simple, she had known me and observed me for over a year without my awareness, it's not surprising that she knew more about me than I did.

Daniela continued her words with emotion, addressing the one standing before her. "I don't want to talk now, and I'm angry, Cass, leave me alone for a while and return to your world until I catch up with you."

Cassandra responded with authority. "Let's go now, we won't speak in front of humans."

Daniela turned to me with an apologetic look. "I have to go now for something urgent, but I'll come back to you soon, take care." She said, her voice fading and echoing until she disappeared.

I sighed in frustration. "I hope I can sleep tonight after everything that happened."

Suddenly, I remembered my mother's words when she told me about the sedative, I left my room and went to hers, where I searched through some drawers until I found a sleeping pill, I returned to my room, holding a glass water bottle to take the pill, at that moment, I felt someone forcefully push my hand, causing the bottle to fall and shatter into hundreds of shards on the floor, I gasped in disbelief and looked around.

"Oh god, how did you come back so quickly, and why did you do this?!"

Daniela sighed in frustration, saying. "This medication is harmful to your health, I don't want you to take it." Then, she gasped in shock. "Oh my, your hand is bleeding severely!"

My body tensed at her loud voice, and I trembled, not fully grasping what she was saying until she repeated her scream. "Your hand is bleeding, you madman! why are you standing like this?"

I looked at my hand then and found it bleeding heavily, I rushed to the bathroom and placed my hand under the running water, wincing in pain and grinding my teeth in frustration.

"Damn it, Daniela!"

In the same instant I uttered those words, it felt like she was behind me, whispering near my ear, and she wrapped her arms around my waist. "I heard you, and I won't blame you because I'm the reason for your pain, forgive me my love."

I exited the bathroom and applied pressure to my hand with a cotton pad to stop the bleeding, then, I returned to lie on my bed, closing my eyes in pain, Daniela approached me once again.

"Haven't you forgiven me?"

"I have forgiven you." I replied, turning my back to her. "We can talk tomorrow because I need to sleep now."

My body shivered as I felt her near, and I dared not move as she wrapped her arms around my waist and lay down beside me.

"Shh, what's the matter? I won't hurt you dear, I just want to smell your scent and stay close to you until morning."

Daniela's fingers gently approached my hair, playing with its strands, causing me to close my eyes and relax, succumbing to her soothing movements until I drifted off to sleep, unaware.

After hours, I woke up from my slumber, yawning, I glanced at the clock and saw that it was past six in the morning, I sighed in relief, remembering that today was my day off, granting me free hours to do as I pleased, nonetheless, I hugged my pillow and returned to a state of relaxation, closing my eyes without doing anything else, but then, I heard a voice nearby that made me open my eyes.

"Daniela Dimitrescu is here perhaps?"

"You've returned?" I said in a tone that attempted to conceal my happiness, not wanting to reveal my feelings to her at the beginning of our encounters.

"Remove that cursed pillow!" Daniela exclaimed angrily, throwing the pillow to the ground as she lay down beside me and hugged me tightly. "I am softer and more beautiful than that pillow of yours." She said with a sweet tone, muffled due to her burying her face in my neck. "I love cuddling so much, that's why I'm your pillow now."

"You didn't tell me the reason for your conversation with your sister last night."

"And you forgot our deal."

I looked at her with a mix of seriousness and bewilderment. "What deal? I don't remember anything about that."

Daniela's gaze remained fixed on strands of my hair that she was playing with as she said. "I want you to always wear the mask and the hood, and never smile."

I looked at her with surprise. "What's this strange condition? why should I hide myself as if I'm working in intelligence?"

I saw Daniela's eyes scrutinize my body and the features of my face with a piercing gaze, and her golden eyes shone brightly. "Because I simply get jealous, and I won't hesitate for a moment to kill anyone who looks at you in a way that displeases me, just as I would break your bones, starting with your feet if I saw you standing next to someone who's getting too close."

"That's... uh, I mean, harsh."

"Your attire matches what I'm asking of you anyway, you only wear loose and modest clothes with long-sleeved jackets, so what harm is there in covering your face?"

I didn't speak, instead, I continued to gaze at her in complete astonishment, my mind wandering into thoughts I hadn't previously considered.

How delicate yet determined, gentle yet strong, beautiful yet dangerous she was, a remarkable blend I hadn't seen in anyone before her.

For a moment, I felt a pang of fear that I might find myself in situations that often involve me with the opposite sex, as is common when encountering certain women on the streets or even regarding my studies.My eyes widened as I imagined someone being harmed, and I could potentially be involved, however I didn't want her jealousy to escalate, so I paused my train of thought and looked into her eyes, which awaited my response.