Introduction

You need to look presentable tonight, Gloria,” my friend, Celia, stood behind me, fixing my hair, “they aren’t just any rock and rollers, they’re perfect, one of a kind. Just wait and see.”
She tugged at my hair and put a white ribbon in it, then pulled back slowly, allowing me to see how my hair looked in the mirror. I tilted my head back, seeing how the ribbon looked in my hair.
“Thanks,” I told her as I walked out of the bathroom. I sat on the couch and waited for the cab to arrive to take me to the Cavern Club, the place where the biggest band in Liverpool was playing, The Beatles.
“I heard they just got a new drummer,” Celia said as she sat next to me. “Tell me how he is, I haven’t seen him yet.”
I nodded and looked out the window, noticing that the cab had arrived.
“Oh, the cab is here,” I said as I stood up and walked to pick up my sweater.
Celia got my sweater and put it on me.
“Why aren’t you coming with me?” I asked as she turned around.
“I want you to experience greatness without me. Besides, maybe you’ll get lucky and go out with one of them.”

“We’ll see,” I responded as I opened the door. “See you later.” I closed the door and walked to the cab.

“Where to?” The cab driver asked as I closed the door.

“The Cavern Club, please,” I said as I placed my purse on my knees.