Lend Me Your Comb

“Gloria, are you awake?” I slowly opened my eyes and saw Paul laying next to me.
“Ugh, what time is it?” I asked as I slowly sat up.

“It’s 8 AM.”

“We only got 2 hours of sleep, Paul.”

“Ah, correction. You only got 2 hours of sleep. I haven’t been able to sleep because I have been admiring your beautiful face for the past 2 hours.”

I smiled, “Paul, you should get some sleep.” I ran my fingers through his thick black hair.

“No, it’s fine. I had the greatest night with you, love.” He kissed me again.

“I’m going to get dressed now,” I went into the bathroom and put my clothes on, then brushed my hair with a comb I saw on the side of the sink.

I walked back into his bedroom to see that he had finally fallen asleep, so I laid next to him and planted a small kiss on his forehead.

“I love you, Paul,” I whispered, “One day, I bet we’ll be living happily ever after in a big house that we built together. Maybe I’ll be Mrs. McCartney, and maybe our kids will be running around our backyard. We’ll grow old together, and stay together forever and ever. Paul McCartney, I’ll love you till the day I die.”

I saw him smile a bit, causing me to be very embarrassed that he was faking it, and that he had heard all the things I just told him.

“Are you awake?” I asked worryingly, knowing fully well that he was.

“Yes,” he simply said, opening his eyes.

“Oh my God, Paul!” I fell onto the bed and put my hands on my face.

“I’m sorry, I had to trick you again!” He chuckled and laid next to me.
“But what you said, dear….” He pulled a loose strand of hair behind my ear, “I love you so very much, darling. I imagine us together till the day we die.”

I pulled my hands away from my face, Paul noticing I was crying.
“There is no need to be upset, my darling.”

“I’m sorry,” I said, my head resting on his shoulder as he held me close to him, “I want to stay with you forever.”

“Then, how about you start with moving in with me?” He asked, smiling.

“Are you serious?” I asked.

“Of course I am.”

“I’d love to live with you, my darling Paul,” I kissed him again, “I need to get my stuff from my place though.”

“Good, I’ll help you,” Paul said, “Want to do it today?”

“Yeah, I’d love to. I want to be with you as much as possible.”

“Good. Now, I’m going to get ready so we can go.”
Paul stood up and got his clothes, then went into the bathroom and got dressed.

Once again, I sat there, wondering how much a perfect man could walk into my life and make me feel like I’m on top of the world just like that. In two days time. How was it possible?