You'll Be Mine

I woke up at around 8 AM to see Paul the opposite way than the night before. I was still sitting up, but he laid there, sort of on me in a way. It was quite an uncomfortable position, so I tapped him on the shoulder to wake him up.

“Paul? Are you awake?” His eyes opened slowly, looking up at me and smiling.

“Oh, sorry.” He noticed the position he was in and quickly moved, now both of us sat next to each other.

“Paul, I-” I didn’t know what to say, so I just kissed him.

“Wow.” He said after a few minutes. “You’re so beautiful.” He played with a loose strand of my hair for a moment. “Do you want to go out again tomorrow night?”

“I’d love to.” I leaned closer and kissed him again.
I then looked at my watch to see the time. It was about 8:30 now, and I didn’t want Celia to get worried.
“I, uh, I think I need to get going soon.”

“Oh,” he frowned, “well, I wish you could stay.” He hugged me tightly.

“Just a minute, let me call a cab.”

“No, no, I’ll take you. Just let me get dressed first.” He jumped up from the couch and ran down the hall, then into the bathroom.
I sat there on the couch, waiting for him to return. After a couple of minutes, he came out with a plain white t-shirt and black pants, his hair combed neatly.

“Alright, uh, are you sure you want to go?”

“I’m sorry, I just don’t want my roommate to get worried.”

“Oh, I get it,” he started walking towards the door, unlocking it slowly and turning the doorknob, “after you.”
I walked out of the apartment and onto the stairs, Paul locking the door behind him. We walked down to his car and he started driving.

“Are you performing tonight?” I asked.

“Uh, yeah, actually. Do you want to come? It's at 6 o’clock.”

“I’ll have to ask my roommate, but if she isn’t coming, you’ll most definitely see me there.”
His face turned red again.  He then suddenly stopped the car.
“Where do you live?” He laughed. “I don’t know where to go!”

“Oh! Silly me, it’s 1968 Penny Lane near Abbey Road.”

He nodded and started driving again.
We listened to the radio while he drove, usually listening to Elvis Presley, Buddy Holly, and others.
We soon turned up in front of my house.

“Is this it?” He asked.

“Yeah.”
He nodded again and got out of the car. He came around the corner and opened my door, grabbing my hand and leading me towards my house.
We got up to the door and I tried opening it, but it was locked.
“Great, I didn’t bring my keys. Celia!” I banged on the door until she finally opened it.
“Gloria! I was worried sick, where were you?” She hugged me, then looked over my shoulder to see Paul standing there.
“Oh, hello!” She let go of me and led us both into the house, demanding us to sit on the couch. She sat on a chair in front of us.
“So, like, are you two a thing now?”

We looked at each other.

“So, are you?” She asked again.

“So, are we?” I whispered to him.

“Yeah,” he said after a couple of seconds, turning back towards Celia, “we are.”
I smiled at his response and looked at Celia, who was smiling at us.
“Just a moment, I’d like to talk to Gloria alone.” She wagged her finger at me, leading me to the kitchen.
“Did you?” She asked.

“What? No, no, we didn’t.”
She frowned. I don’t know why she was upset about that. It was my life, not hers.
“I’m going to see him perform again tonight, you wanna come along?”

“Sure,” she then walked away and went to the bathroom, and I went back into the living room and sat next to Paul. He looked at his watch.

“I’m supposed to meet with the band at 10:45, it's 9:45. Is it okay if I can call them?”

“Yeah, that’s perfectly fine. The phone is over there.” I pointed to the coffee table, where he picked up the phone and dialled the number.

“Hey John,” he started, “I was wondering if, uh, wait, just a second.” He placed his hand on the speaker and turned to me. “Is it alright if they can come over for a bit?”

“Yeah, that’s fine.”

“Thanks,” he took his hand off the receiver, “do you want to come to 1968 Penny Lane? It’s right near Abbey Road. Yeah, okay. Thanks, bye.” He put the phone down and sat next to me.

“John, George, and Ringo should be here in an hour.”