Three Cool Cats

“Hey, guys!” Paul led the three men into the house.
John, George, and Ringo entered the house. I was standing in the dining room, waiting for them to greet me. I saw them walking and looking around when I finally walked up to them.

“Hi, I’m Gloria,” I stuck my hand out for John to shake it.

“Oh, so you’re the gal Paul had with him last night, eh?” John raised an eyebrow at me.

“John, don’t embarrass her, please.” He whispered, his face filled with worry.
John’s face scrunched up as he backed away, now George was coming towards me.

“Hi, I’m George.” We shook hands, “nice to meet you.”

“I’m Gloria, nice to meet you.” I pulled my hand away and noticed Ringo looking around, worryingly.

“Ringo!” Paul shouted, making him jump, “it’s your turn to greet my girlfriend.”

“Hi, I’m Ringo,” he walked towards me and shook my hand.

“I’m Gloria, nice to meet you.”

“Ooh, food!” George shouted as he made his way towards the table.

“George, don’t be impolite, please! Gloria went through a lot making this meal.”

“Oh, no, it’s perfectly fine,” I said, pulling out a chair for George to sit in, “let’s eat!”

John, Paul, George, Ringo, Celia, and I sat down and began to eat our food. George quickly ate 3 sandwiches, while the rest of us hadn’t even started eating yet.

“Uh, so, how do you enjoy our music?” John asked as he took a bite out of his cornflakes.

“I love it! I’m coming to your show tonight, too.” I took a bite out of the steak on my plate.

We sat there and ate our food, occasionally asking random questions to each other. ‘So much for getting to know these guys,’ I thought to myself. John seemed not to like me, George seemed sweet, but quiet, and Ringo just seemed nervous and didn’t speak at all.

“So, uh, Celia, what’s your favourite song from The Beatles, hmm?” I asked, all eyes going on her.

“Uhh,” her face turned red, “I like Roll Over Beethoven.” She quickly started eating again, then looked up to see George smiling at her.
I looked over at Paul, who was staring at me. His right hand was on his face, his elbow leaning on the table. I looked down and saw his elbow leaning on his food.

“Paul!” I shouted, making him jump and put his arms down.

“Wha-?” He said, noticing what he had done. “Oh.”

I laughed and so did the others, making him turn red with embarrassment.
I noticed that everyone had finished eating, so I stood up and put their plates in the sink. I opened the fridge and got out the cake, gently setting it on the table. George licked his lips as he laid eyes on the cake.
“Ah, ah, ah, George! You’ll have to wait.” I said as I grabbed a knife and started cutting it. Each person took a slice and started eating.

“Mmm, this is really good. How do you make a cake like this?” Ringo asked, my smile widening as he had finally spoken.

“Well, Paul and I shared a playful fight over the flour.”
Paul chuckled, while the others stayed silent, looking at the both of us. I laughed dryly and continued eating my cake.

“Paul, we need to get going to the show.” John said, looking up from his watch.

“The instruments are in the trunk of the car.” George added.

“Oh, alright. Can we give Gloria and Celia a ride?”

“No, no, it’s fine, we can take our own car.” I told them.

They all nodded and grabbed their dishes, putting them in the sink.
“Well, we have to get going, I’ll meet you there,” Paul told me as he walked out of the kitchen, “I love you.”

I blushed, “I love you, too, Paul.” We shared a passionate kiss.

“Hey, lovebirds.” John called out, making us both turn towards him, “get a room.”

Paul sighed, “I will say this again and for the last time,” he walked closer and closer to him until they were nose-to-nose.

“Shove off, John.”