Love Me Do

“Good morning, lads.” Paul and I walked into the studio to see that the others had already arrived.

“Morning, Paul.” They all said in unison as they continued to tune their instruments.

“You can go sit down, love.” Paul pointed to a chair not far from where his microphone was. So, I sat down and took out a magazine to read while they recorded.
Paul talked to the others about how the song was going to go and other things to do with it, then it was just about time to start recording.

“Alright, Love Me Do, take one.” Their producer, George Martin, told them.
They all got into their places, then John started playing his harmonica.

I looked up from my magazine to see how they were doing. I noticed Ringo was standing playing tambourine, not at his drum set. There was a man named Andy White playing them instead. It all sounded amazing until John missed his cue and missed the harmonica solo.

“Take two,” George Martin spoke again.

I started reading the weekly paper again, but listened to them still. They made a lot of progress as they went along, but there were a lot of takes still.

“Take 15,” George Martin said annoyingly, hoping this would be the last take.

Luckily, it was. I listened and they made no mistakes, and they sounded wonderful. When I didn’t hear George Martin call out another take, I looked up to see the boys talking to him. Then, Paul came sprinting towards me.

“Great news! The song is gonna be released on October 5th, only three weeks away!” He was smiling ear to ear and practically jumping for joy.

“That’s wonderful, honey! Congratulations!” I stood up and hugged him.

“Thank you, love. Mr. Epstein and George Martin say it’s a great record and they are certain that it will get a whole load of publicity.”
‘This better be a #1 hit,’ I thought to myself. Paul was so excited about it, and if it wasn’t, I was going to be very upset.

Three weeks later on October 5th, Paul ran all the way to the record store. I tried to keep up with him, but it was no use. I met up with him about 4 minutes later when I saw him admiring his creation in the shop window. There was a huge poster that read “The Beatles Love Me Do!”

“Wow, that’s amazing.” I looked at the poster with Paul, who didn’t have time to answer, and was already entering the store.
I followed behind Paul, who was already running through the store trying to find his new single. The B side was another song Paul wrote called P.S I Love You.
Unfortunately, Paul couldn’t find it. But, he didn’t give up yet.

“Excuse me, do you have The Beatles’ new single?” Paul asked the man at the front desk.

“Sorry, sir, we sold every last copy of it.” The man told him, making him smile the biggest smile I had ever seen.

“That’s great to know, thank you!” He walked over to me and told me all about it, which made me very happy for him. I was certain this would do good, and I was right.
As we were about to leave, we saw John, George, and Ringo walking inside the store.

“Hey, lads! You’ll never guess what happened!” Paul said happily, literally jumping for joy once again.
“Love Me Do is sold out! They sold all the copies!”

They all jumped up and down and cheered, making the man behind the desk confused.

“They’re The Beatles.” I told him, then continued to focus on their happiness. It made me happy how happy they were.

Hopefully the hits would keep coming, and they would really hit the big time.