That'll Be The Day

Paul turned on It’s A Wonderful Life again, now both of us fixated on the film. Even though it was late September, it was still a great film to watch, even if it wasn’t Christmas.
I didn’t feel as upset anymore, luckily. Once again, we both ended up falling asleep while watching the film. We both woke up at around 8 o’clock at night and went to sleep.
The next morning, I woke up alone. Paul wasn’t next to me, and the door was open. ‘Maybe he’s just gone to the bathroom,’ I thought to myself. That thought was out of my head when I heard a loud bang from the kitchen, then Paul cursing under his breath. I decided to get up and see what he was up to, so I started walking into the kitchen. I saw him making bacon and eggs for breakfast, not noticing I was behind him.

“Hello,” I said, causing him to jump and face me.

“Gloria,” he started, “you scared the life out of me.” He caught his breath and put the food on two plates.

“Smells good,” I told him as he handed me the food, “I bet it tastes even better. You’re a good cook.”

“You’re an even better one,” he winked as I walked into the dining room. He followed behind me and sat down.

“By the way, I have a gig tonight. You wanna come?” He asked as he started cutting his food. Before I could answer, the phone started ringing.

“I’ll get it,” I stood up and grabbed the phone, “Hello?”

“Hey, this is John. Is Paul there?”

“Yeah, I’ll go get him,” I looked up at Paul who was eating, “Paul, it’s John.”

“Oh! Just a moment,” he put his fork and knife down and stood up, then walked toward me and took the phone.

I went back to the table and sat down while Paul talked to John on the phone. He talked to him for about a half hour, so I put my plate in the sink and sat on the couch while I waited for him to finish.

“Well, change of plans.” Paul put the phone down and sat next to me. “It turns out that we need to record our first single tonight, a little song I wrote when I was 16 called Love Me Do.”

‘’Oh, well, that’s great! Are you happy about that?”

“Yeah, I am. Our manager, Mr. Epstein is really trying to help us get big, so hopefully this single will do just that.” He smiled, then looked at his watch. “I’ll have to get ready, I gotta be there by 10, do you want to come?”

“Of course I would, I’ll go get ready.” I stood up and got some clothes for myself, then went into the bathroom and got myself ready.

I was really excited. I was going to be present in the recording of the song that was hopefully going to make The Beatles big! So, I had to look good for this occasion. I put on a long sleeved white button up shirt, then put a pink dress over it. I looked like a schoolgirl, but it didn’t matter to me. I put a headband in my hair and did my makeup nice, but natural, and I was finished.

I walked into our bedroom to see Paul wearing a black suit with his hair brushed neatly. He looked so adorable.

“So, what do you think, love?” He turned to me to show off his outfit.

“I love it! What do you think of mine?” I smiled.

“Beautiful, dear. Hopefully this day will be one of the greatest yet.”