How Do You Do It?

I went into the kitchen and started to make some food for when John, George, and Ringo should arrive.

“What’re you doing there?” Paul asked, slowly sanding from the couch.

‘I’m making lunch.” I told him as I took pots and pans out of the cupboard.

“Do you want me to help you?” He accompanied me in the kitchen.

“No thank you, but I do need to know what you guys like to eat.” I put on my apron as I waited for him to respond.

“Well, John likes cornflakes, I like steak or roast beef, or whatever, um, George likes savoy truffle and sandwiches of any sort, and RIngo just likes whatever we three like.”

“Alright, thanks.”

I opened the freezer as Paul went back into the living room and sat on the couch. I took out the roast beef and steak, I got cornflakes and surprisingly, I had some savoy truffle. I had all of these food items in my arms (as well as bread and all the other things for the sandwiches). I grunted as I placed them down on the counter.

“Are you sure you don’t need help?” Paul asked as he heard my struggling grunt.

“Yes, I’m sure, Paul.” I wiped sweat off my forehead as I started getting to work.
I saw Paul stand up and come into the kitchen, grabbing the spoon that was in my hand.

“Well, I’m helping you anyways.” He placed the spoon down and looked down at the counter. “Why do you have the flour out?”

“I’m making a cake for you all.”

He smiled and slowly opened the package of flour.
“Paul, I can make the cake myself. Please, just go sit down.”

He still didn’t answer as he stuck his hand inside the package, taking it out with a handful of flour.

“What are you doing, Paul?”

He stuck out his palm for me to see all the flour in his hand. He then blew on it, making it all fly into my face. I heard him laughing at me, but I couldn’t see anything. I slowly wiped the flour out of my eyes, giving him a dirty look.

“That’s to get back at you for laughing at me tripping last night.”

I sighed, “Yeah, but then, you couldn’t get back at me. But this time, I can get back at you.” I quickly grabbed the package of flour and threw handfuls into his face.

“Hey, that’s not fair!” We both laughed and he then tried to take the flour from me. We played tug of war with it for a moment.

“Give it to me!” He laughed.

“Never!”

Then, the package exploded, making the flour fly over both of us and onto the floor.

“Oh my God, Paul!” We both continued laughing. “Now we need to get more flour!”

Then, Celia came out of the bathroom. “What the- what the heck are you two up to?”

Paul and I looked at each other and started laughing like crazy. We both laughed so hard that we ended up slipping on the flour and fell onto the ground. Celia rolled her eyes and walked back into the living room while we calmed ourselves down.

“Okay, okay, I really need to get to work. But, we need more flour.” I said as we both stood up.
“I can get some at the store,” Celia said, “I’ll be back in a few minutes.” She jumped off the couch and ran out the door.

‘I’ll be right back, I just need to wipe off my clothes.” Paul went into the bathroom as I got out the broom and started sweeping the mess we made.

After I finished, I went into my bedroom and got dressed in a nice plaid skirt with a red top, long socks and sneakers with my hair up in a ponytail. I looked like a schoolgirl from the 50s.
I came out of my room to see Paul all freshened up and in the kitchen making the food.
“Paul, what are you doing?” I walked into the kitchen.

“We only have 25 minutes to make the food! We need to get to work, come on.”
Paul had already just about finished with the cornflakes, while I put the steak and roast beef on the stove. Celia came back a couple minutes later with the flour, so I immediately started making the cake.
Celia helped us, as well. We worked as fast as we could before we got all the food on the plates. Paul set the table, Celia and I got the food on the table, and soon everything was ready for John, George, and Ringo.

“Wow, we’re finally finished.” Paul said as the three of us fell onto the couch.

“I can’t believe we did that in only 25 minutes. Thanks for helping me, guys.”

“It’s no problem, Gloria. I can’t wait to meet the guys!” Celia answered.

“Yeah, they’re really nice.” Paul said, giving me a quick kiss before we heard a knock on the door.