Chapter 18

Timeskip
(Graduation day)

Daeun's pov

The camera shuttered, snapping a photo of Niki, Jake, Yena and myself. We took a look at the picture and saw that Sujae photobombed us from the back.

We all laughed and the five of us huddled together into a group hug.

"I can't believe all these lovebirds managed to graduate"
Sujae commented.

"Of course. Our love brought us here"
Yena replied, laughing.

"Let's go get some brownies over there"
I told everyone, pointing to the table of treats.

We headed over and I got myself some on a paper plate. Niki poured me a cup of water in the meantime.

"Do you want one?"
I put a brownie in front of Niki's mouth.

He practically inhaled it, giving a thumbs up and then thanked me. Niki looked behind me and suddenly bowed. I turned and saw my mom holding a bouquet of flowers.

"Congratulations, Daeun!"
My mom handed me the bouquet of flowers while I gasped.

"Thank you, eomma"
I took her into my embrace.

"Congratulations to you too, Niki. I see you two have been working out well together"
My mom pulled away from the hug and smiled warmly at Niki.

"Yes we have. Your daughter is the sweetest"
Niki suddenly flung his hands around me from behind.

"Thank you for treating her well. Now hold on, I need a picture of you two. Stay just like that"
My mom rummaged through her bag for her phone.

I shook around, asking Niki to let go of me. As always, he wouldn't listen and ensured that I wouldn't escape his hold on me. My mom directed the phone at us, counting down.

"Daeun, you need to smile"
My mom said, and I gave a forced smile.

"Properly"
She said, and I just smiled wider.

Niki decided to tickle me at the side of my stomach which made me laugh out of instinct. I tried to stop him, but by then, the photo was already taken.

"Adorable. Anyway, I'll leave you two some time alone. See you later"
My mom giggled.

"Wanna go out for some fresh air?"
Niki lowered his head beside mine.

I hummed and we left the graduation area to go outside where there were a few benches. We sat down on one, taking in the perfect weather.

"This is gonna be our last day together here at this school. Time flies by really fast"
I said.

"Yea..it felt like just yesterday when I started liking you"
Niki put his hand over mine.

"Gosh, is that all you could remember? Me, me, me"
I scoffed when he nodded.

"I remember when you held my hand during ice breakers"

"When we got sick together"

"When you stayed with me in detention"

"When you first kissed me on the cheek"

"When you confessed your feelings"

"When you turned so red when I kissed you during the game"

"I remember everything involving you, Daeun. What more could I possibly know about you?"

-Niki

Everything...you don't know one thing. And it's the fact that I've fallen in love with you.

Niki made eye contact with me, and my hands worked on its own accord, making its way on Niki's cheek. I don't know what got into me because the next moment, my lips were on Niki's.

They're warm, it feels like a puzzle piece that fits perfectly. Niki pushed my hair back as he let go. He left a final kiss on my forehead and beamed with delight.

"I know I just said I remembered a lot of things relating to you, but I certainly don't remember that you like stealing kisses from me"
Niki smirked.

"Shh. I don't know why I did that"
I diverted my attention elsewhere.

"Sure you don't"
Niki responded, when I felt his head resting on my shoulder.

I laid my head on top of his comfortably.

"We'll be together even in college, right?"
He asked.

"Mm. We'll be together to the furthest time can take us"
I replied.

"Really?"
He looked up at me.

"Of course, I love you that much"
The corners of my lips lifted up.

"Hmm?"
-Niki

"I love you"
I repeated.

"Sorry, I couldn't hear. The wind is too loud"
Niki chuckled.

"You heard me the first time"
I pushed him.

"I love you too, okay?"
Niki came closer and whispered in my ear.

There's no way I can hide my blush now.

"What are you two whispering about?"
Someone asked from behind.

It was Jake with Yena beside him. They were holding hands, curious about our answer.

"A secret"
Niki replied, sticking out his tongue.

"Anyway, let's take one more picture. This heart pose for the four of us. Jake sit down, Daeun come here"
she instructed.

We switched places and Yena took a selfie stick from her bag, positioning it in the middle of us. Jake and Niki did the bottom of the heart while Yena and I completed the top of it.

She snapped the photo and thanked us, busy posting it on her Instagram.

"Where's your sister by the way?"
I asked Jake.

"Oh, I saw her with a guy earlier. Maybe she finally found 'the one'. He better not hurt her though"
Jake mumbled the last few words.

"Oooh. Now she has some explaining to do"
I replied.

"Speak of the devil"
Niki was looking to the right.

I spotted Sujae walking out of the school with the guy Jake was probably talking about. He was most likely from the other building. He looked rather smiley with her.

"Sujae!"
I signalled to come over.

He pulled along the guy and he greeted us.

"Hey, I was wondering where you guys went"
Sujae said.

"Well, who's your friend?"
I lightly nudged her.

"This is Sunoo. We became friends quite recently. Sunoo, introduce yourself"
She told him.

"Hi, I'm from the other block if you haven't seen me. Kim Sunoo. I hope we can get along"
He said in a cheerful tone.

Jake and Niki shook hands with him. We were more than happy to have someone new in the group.

We took some time to get to know Sunoo more, and I saw that Sujae kept stealing glances at him while he was sharing about himself.

Love really is in the air.

Looks like everyone will have a happy ending.

This was only the teaser.

____________
¤THE END¤