✰ 19: the midst of battle

[some months later.]

Akya was stuck in the middle of an exhausting battle. If given the opportunity, she could have collapsed right then and there— of course, there was no time for that. She was constantly bombarded by shots from the droids across from her. Their battalions had been doing well, and had taken two of the three large spider droids they had, as well as multiple tanks, until they brought out another couple hundred B1 battle droids. Those things were easy to destroy, and weren't the best shots, but when there was so many of them, something was bound to hit you. The long battle on the cold planet of Agamar was taxing to everyone.

A B2 droid was advancing on Akya, getting a little close for her liking. She was about to swing her lightsaber at it when two shots came from beside her, knocking the droid away instantly. She looked over to find a clone with orange markings painted on his helmet and the rest of his uniform, two stripes on his shoulder and one going through each eye view on his helmet.

"Thank you," she nodded to him, deflecting some more shots from oncoming droids.

"Anytime, Commander," he said. "Do you remember me?"

Akya wasn't sure there was any other clone she knew who would ask that— it had to be him, right? Akya raised a brow. "You're the clone from Geonosis, aren't you?" she suspected. "CT-1232?"

"I go by Double, now," he said.  He took two shots at a B1, and it fell.  He did this three more times rather quickly, disabling droids with two shots over and over again. 

"I can see why," said Akya.  "Good shots."  She then looked up at the spider droid towering above their position as it blew a large blast at a group a little way behind them.  The aftermath of the blast shook them slightly. That spider droid had to go— it could turn the tides of this battle. She could do a long jump, with the help of the Force— but she wasn't confident enough in her abilities that she could get there on her own. 

"Hey, Double?" she called. After taking two shots at another B2, he turned to her.  "Do you think you could get me up there?" She looked up at the spider droid.

"Up on the big spider?" he said, rather surprised.  "I could lift you and give you a little boost, but I don't know how much help it'll be."

Akya knew what she needed now.  "Thanks anyway," she said.  "Excuse me for a moment."  She stepped a little to the side, still under the cover of some of the rocks surrounding their battle field, and shouted at someone on the opposite side.  "Anakin!" she called. 

He didn't seem to take notice, and continued slashing battle droids. 

"Anakin!"

Still nothing.  Akya groaned and rolled her eyes.  She was going to have to give up her cover if she truly wanted his help in getting atop that spider droid.  She finally stepped away from the large rock and stood up tall, taking out every battle droid in her way, whether that be pushing them to the side with the Force or slashing through them with her saber.  Once she was close enough to him, she shouted once again.  "General Skywalker!" she shouted.

His head immediately turned, and in that time when he was distracted, a B1 almost shot him in the shoulder— but luckily, he slashed it just in time.  He then ran toward where Akya stood warily, making sure there was nothing shooting at him as he went along.

"You could have gotten me killed," he told her. 

"You would have been fine," she said, brushing it off.  "Can you get me up there?" She looked up, pointing at the spider droid above them.

"What?" he said.  "Why?"

"So I can get rid of it.  Destroy the blasters, cut the legs," she recited.

Anakin scrunched his brows. "That's too dangerous, Akya."

"I've been in a battle before, Anakin.  Can you help me, or not?  All I need is a push.  Then when I cut the leg and it starts falling, you pull me back in."

Anakin sighed. "Fine." He raised a finger.  "But if you get hurt, I'm telling Obi-Wan you made me do it."

"I'm not going to get hurt," said Akya, backing away as to make room for her jump across the battlefield. 

Once in position, she ran forward, keeping her focus on the large spider droid. She felt Anakin push her across the sky as she used her own Force power for direction, wishing for good luck. She landed safely on the top of the spider droid, then jumped down, taking hold of one of the guns. She cut the barrel off, disabling it, then swung to the next. On the way over, she scratched her forearm on a piece of metal hanging off the side of the droid's body, but made it just in time to get a grip of the gun barrel and cut it off. Two out of three. Then the next. Three out of three.

Finally, with the droid rendered useless, she needed to cut off at least one leg so the droid would lose balance and fall. She leaped from the remnants of the gun barrel she held onto to the head of the droid once again. She then slid down to the small platform where the joint connected the leg to the body of the tall droid, waited for it to ready to take a step, and cut it clean off with her lightsaber. The leg fell to the ground, crushing a couple B1s, followed by the body, which fell slower.

She jumped off the top and felt Anakin pulling her back toward where he stood, behind a large boulder for cover so that he could focus on her. She landed safely on the ground just in time to see the spider droid crash to the ground, destroying multiple droids and creating a cloud of dust around many of them. She heard some clones cheer as they continued shooting. Perhaps now that the looming threat of the spider droids were gone, this battle would be easier to win.

She saw Obi-Wan run over along with Commander Cody, looking over at the destruction the fallen spider droid had caused. "Did you do that?" he said to Akya, nodding at what he referred to.

"I did."

"All on your own?" added Cody.

"No," Akya said, raising her brows.  "General Skywalker helped a little."

"A little," Anakin repeated with a scoff and a smile.

"Well done, my young Padawan."

Akya smiled.

a.n.:

happy thursday!

A BATTLE!!! and we're meeting akya's clone bestie. how did i do on the battle? i hope it makes enough sense what's happening lol.

ily, don't forget to vote!

molly