✰ 36: anakin's plans

"Master Kenobi.  Akya.  Commander Cody," greeted Ahsoka, meeting them in the hold of their large Republic cruiser.  The 212th's smaller one fit right inside the ship's port, and the docking went smoothly.  Anakin's Padawan was there when the gate opened, meeting them with a kind smile.  "It's good to see you."

"Good to see you as well, Ahsoka," said Obi-Wan, returning her smile.

"Where's Master Skywalker?" asked Akya, looking around the vast hold and seeing nothing but refueling transports and busy clones. 

"He's on the bridge waiting for you," explained Ahsoka, as the three of them walked off the ramp toward her. "He wants to go over the plan."

"He's already got a plan?" asked Obi-Wan, following the Togruta toward the lift.

"Sounds like Anakin," shrugged Akya. Obi-Wan shook his head.

"I hope it's a good one," he said.

They soon reached the bridge.  The thick doors opened to reveal Anakin and Rex standing over a holo-map.  When they heard the door open, they turned to face it.  Anakin donned a toothy grin at the sight of them— though truly, it was just for his wife.

Akya hadn't seen him in a couple months.  He'd continued growing out his hair— it was much longer than it was when they got married, now reaching the top of his collar on his Jedi robes.  He'd given up wearing his shoulder armor and instead donned his usual robes, while Akya had decided it safer to stick with the standard Jedi armor. 

"Anakin," Obi-Wan greeted with a nod.

"It's good to see you, Master," he replied, as Obi-Wan took his place around the holo-table. Underneath the table, Anakin took Akya's hand and gave it a little squeeze to say 'I missed you.' Akya returned the gesture, then let go, making sure no one saw their small actions.

"So what are we looking at?" asked Akya.  Her spot was just between Anakin and her master. 

"This is the facility that was bombed," explained Anakin.

"It wasn't bombed, Master," added Ahsoka.

Anakin shook his head.  "Attacked.  Either way, this is the place.  Before it was half-destroyed, obviously."  The long building in the hologram was indeed fully intact. "The president of Kisorix is meeting us on the ground, along with their Senator from the Council of Neutral Systems. According to him, our only job is investigation and study, no combat. He wants us to destroy nothing but the weapon that attacked his factory."

"Well enough," said Obi-Wan, hand on his chin. "What is your plan, then?"

"Well, the President also needs a search and rescue team. Many of her soldiers were injured in the attack and she can't take any more from their positions on the other side of the planet, in case of another attack. We're essentially going as reinforcements," explained Rex, completing Anakin's thoughts.

Anakin continued. "Two of us need to go in and do search and rescue, along with a small team of clones, and the other two will be our investigation team," he said. "They also need a larger team of clones for defensive purposes, and are instructed to engage or destroy the weapon by the president herself. She wants it gone."

"So who's doing what?" Cody chimed in.

"We'll be search and rescue."

"We'll be investigation."

"We'll be search and rescue."

"We'll do the weapons investigation."

The four Jedi all answered Cody at the same time, yet all their answers easily heard. Akya looked at her master, who had claimed they would assist search and rescue, while Akya had decided she wanted to do the investigation on the Seps' weapon. Like Akya and Obi-Wan, Anakin and Ahsoka had disagreed as well.