Chapter 1: I'm Not Going

Raven's POV

"Why aren't you dress yet? Gilberts' will be here any minute now? Mom told me to get you. She and dad are too busy setting up this whole dinner tradition for them all.

I took my guitar bag.

"Yeah, actually I'm not going. I'm on my way to meet Travis. We have a music gig tonight." I reply casually.

"What? If you're not going I don't see any reason why I should either. I'll rather spend my time with my boyfriend than to attend that boring ass dinner." My older sister, Klea complains to me.

"Yeah sure.. Don't go then. I need to leave before mom and dad catch me." I say.

She suddenly held me back.

"Wait, aren't you going to say hi to Maddie at least? Mom says all of them are coming back so she must be there too."

"And so?" I ask as if that's going to change my mind.

"Cause, I don't know.. maybe because she's your best friend?"

"Not really.. I haven't talk to her at all. Is there more you have to say? I really have to go." I say shaking her off me and I open the door just to find our mom standing there.

"Raven where are you going?" She says while raising an eyebrow at me.

"I'm gonna go meet Travis. We're suppose to sing tonight. Why?"

"Have I not told you that Gilberts are coming here tonight? We're going to have dinner with them."

"Yeah, I heard that already. I'm sorry but I'm not going. I can't just cancel my plans.." I reply.

"Sure, you can.. Maddie is going to be there too. Don't you miss her?"

I try not to roll my eyes at my mom.

"Oh they're no longer friends apparently." My sister butts in.

My mom brought her attention to my sister.

"Klea!" I call out her name frustratingly pissed.

She just shrugged at me.

"She just told me right now." My sister mention casually.

"Raven, what is she saying? Did you guys fought or something?"

I sighed.

"No, it's not like that. I'm just really busy and you know how important this is for me." I reasoned.

The last thing I want is for my parents to keep asking questions about Maddie and I. It will become a broken record and I will hate to deal with that if it happens.

"Hey mom! If you're going to allow Raven to skip this dinner then so should I."