Chapter 6: Want Nothing

Raven's POV

The next day.

I mentally prepare myself for another awkward encounter with Maddison. I have to get used to it. She'll be riding with me from now on.. It's not something I can avoid since we're on the same school now. I just have to accept that.

I skip breakfast today.

"Hey what are you doing hiding in your room." My nosy sister open my door slightly to take a peek on me.

"I'm not hiding." I say while frowning at her. "You know I don't really eat breakfast." I reminded her.

"Yeah sure.." she says with her annoying eye roll.

"Maddie look upset last night. Did you do something?"

I can't believe she'll take her side more than her own sister.

"Excuse me.." I stood up and place my hands on my hips. "You don't even know what happen." I argued.

"So something did happen.." she says smirking.

Was this a test?

"Ugh, get out of my room. You're annoying." I say as I push her out.

"You know what.. it's actually fun to tease you. Have fun at school with Maddie. Byiee!"

I close the door behind me.

I know my sister is already suspecting something and she's just making a joke on it. I should be more careful.

After some time, I waited downstairs for Maddie until my mom mention to me that she had left early.

"What do you mean she left?" I ask.

"She's already at school. She must have forgotten to tell you." My mom reply looking more confused than I was.

"How? I mean who took her to school?" I ask again.

"By riding a bus? I don't know. She was in a rush. You woke up late so that's probably why you didn't see her this morning."

"Okay.. I guess so. Did she say anything?" I ask curiously.

She furrow her eyebrows while staring weirdly at me.

"Is there something wrong mom?" I ask.

"Oh.. dear, I know you already said this to me, that you and Maddie are fine.. But is there any chance that you were lying about that? I hope you're not still mad about them leaving. Your uncle Michael really wanted that promotion. Maddie had no choice.." she says sympathetically.

I nodded.

I couldn't tell my mom that I was never mad because of it.

I had other reasons..

Reasons that are never to be acknowledged.

"Of course mom, I knew that. I'm not.. I'm okay. We're okay. It's just that.. well we haven't seen each other for so long. I guess it's just a bit awkward right now. We're good." I reply while I'm growing anxious in the inside.