4. Worry

It was about time Taeyeon's school hours were going to be over and Jungkook rushed back after completing his work. He drove his way to her school.

He had already bought all the presents, his dear daughter had wished for and kept it in the back seat. There were chocolate boxes, few pretty dresses and some stationary stuff, sketch pens etc.

He rushed to close the car door and entered the school buildings only to see Taeyeon with her teachers waiting for him but he saw the little girl was crying.

He wasn't late was he? Other parents were there too besides Taeyeon isn't the girl to cry when he comes a little late in fact he isn't late at all. What was the matter?

"Hey sweety? What happened why are you crying?" Jungkook kneels down in front of her to wipe her tears. Her little wails were making his heart break. The teacher was looking concerned with pity reflecting in her eyes.

"Mr Jeon, there was an event that we conducted for the children on the occasion of children's day." She explained.

"Every year we tell them to write or draw about what they wanted from their parents as gifts. But this time we told them to write or draw something they wanted to give their parents in a letter to teach them gratefulness. Taeyeon wrote for you." Her teacher miss Lee said.

"The other kids were asking her about why she just wrote one letter and why she didn't write anything about her mother. It's just something that happened between the group of children and I feel that it might have hurted her feelings." She smiled sadly.

Jungkook looks at Taeyeon with pained eyes as the girl sniffs looking back at him. Jungkook sighed and hugged her for few seconds and then picked her up.

"Thank you for letting me know Miss Lee." He bowed to her. She nodded her head giving a tight lipped smile and left.

"Hey...let's get you home." Taeyeon listens to her father and just hugs his neck calming a bit down as he released his soothing pheromones to comfort her. They get in the car and he puts the girl to the next seat. The little girl sniffs, she silently sits.

"How are you feeling?" He asks her and pats her back as she drank a little water from her doraemon sippy bottle. She puts the bottle aside and looked at him while Jungkook still tried to comfort her.

"Daddy, I wasn't crying because I was missing mamma." She started to explain, she knows her father must be worrying overthinking, she didn't wanted him to trouble himself.

"Other kids were making fun of me because I wrote a letter only for you. They said I don't love mamma that is why I must have not written any letter, they assumed so." Taeyeon spoke softly. Jungkook frowns.

Seriously who are these kids and what do their parents even do? Do they ever teach their kids compassion and empathy or no? Jungkook just carefully listens to his daughter, wanting to hear her feelings first.

"But daddy, I can't give mamma letters or gifts. You told me she is with Moon Goddess, so she can ask anything she wants from her. So I can be without any worry. You said mamma is happy there." Taeyeon looks down.

"Yes baby, I am sure she is." Jungkook whispers caressing his daughter's back gently, letting her talk.

"I know. But I wanted to write letter to you because I love you so much and I can give gifts to you." Jungkook almost tears up listening to such words coming from her. She really is so mature for her age.

"I cried because I didn't like what they said. Just because I didn't write letter to mamma, it doesn't mean I don't care. I love mamma too." Taeyeon pouts. And Jungkook wants to give the world to her.