6. Changes

PAST

Taehyung and Jungkook were just getting used to the changes that were coming in their schedules and life.

After their tenth grade, they weren't able to play together as frequently as they used to before. Life after school is a bit challenging. Some even are forced to give up on their hobbies.

The two best friends weren't able to spend a lot of time hanging out, having fun like they used to because they were occupied with lot of studies to do.

While Jungkook tried to enjoy as much as he could and tried to balance his studies too. He had Taehyung anyways who always made sure he wasn't falling behind.

After the school prom night was over, things surely were a bit changed for Taehyung. But Taehyung couldn't really confess, to put it exactly, he didn't do it because he wanted Jungkook to realise it already, that Taehyung had already adored him in his heart for a long time now.

He didn't know then if he was being delusional, but that night was special for him and there was nothing wrong to be curious if it was as special for Jungkook too, right?

He was even more shy than before in front of him. well, he does believe he poured his feelings about what he really felt for him in that first ever kiss he shared with Jungkook.

Taehyung was expecting something more from Jungkook, maybe acknowledgement of his feelings? Because friends don't kiss each other and that night he could feel some tension between them.

Usually when Tae is like that, he tends to be quieter or he mostly expects others to understand him without him saying it out verbally but when they don't, he feels a bit embarrassed to tell what he wants rather he keeps changing the topic or something to avoid it and buries his feelings.

But this time he was expecting something from him, yet to his disappointment Jungkook didn't really say something about the kiss, or his feelings or asked him about his feelings. Taehyung feels his heart aching.

Does Jungkook really not realise? Does he not find him attractive in that way? Did that kiss not mean anything to him like it meant to him? all of these doubts just made him underconfident.

Sometimes Taehyung feels really self-conscious. Omegas in the society are often burdened with high expectations. And Taehyung has always found them exhausting.

He is always doubtful, whether he was pretty or good enough. Do people just assume or have an idea of him being a nerd, or not attractive. He often heard praises from people.

'But there are so many people better than me, right?' His inner voices often acted like his own enemy, making him feel not exactly love himself. More than his good qualities, he mostly focusses on his flaw.

Like how he isn't funny enough, he might be boring because mostly he is always reading books, he isn't always updated with the trends going on among youngsters. He doesn't gossip. He doesn't have many friends other than Jungkook and Jimin.

Also, the way other kids behave around him.

there was one time when he tried to join in the conversations between some kids in his class, they were laughing about something, but when they saw Taehyung all of a sudden, they stopped laughing and talking and avoided him,

"hey what are you guys talking about?" Tae put his books on his tables and joined them with a curious smile on his face.

"oh, nothing that would interest you" the group made lame excuses and they had this mocking look on their face, faint giggles heard from the group, it was so bothering and  Tae felt so unwelcomed there. Like they don't even appreciate his presence.