7. Awkward

PAST

The following day, Taehyung went to college and got his all doubts clarified. He had extra sessions for some revisions. It was going to be a long day for Taehyung.

So due to the same reasons he had not had the chance to properly talk to Jungkook for the rest of the day. He had not recieved any messages from Jungkook either. Taehyung pouted thinking how are they going to face each other now.

You see, it was years of friendship for them, and these changes were overwhelming. It was different for him to love his best friend in a romantic way.

And now that there were certain boundaries of friendship crossed without knowing each other's feelings, Taehyung was clueless what their future was going to be.

But alas! It kept going on like that for a few days more. But neither of them could be blamed when it was the exam preparation season going on.

And distractions were the last thing any of them could afford. They did talk about studies but other than that there were no words shared about the "incident".

A week had almost passed, Taehyung was studying when he got a text from Jungkook.

'hey wanna hang out? I am outside your house'

Taehyung got up to check outside his window and Jungkook was indeed outside.

Taehyung smiled widely. Not to lie but he actually missed him so much. So he rushed to go out and meet him. He closed the door behind looking at Jungkook who was grinning brightly.

"Hey!" Jungkook hugged him.

"Sorry I was busy preparing for exams and had a lot sessions in college. I couldn't meet you. I was totally exhausted" Jungkook scratched the back of his neck.

"It's fine. I hope you are doing well?" Taehyung bit his lips. He looked at Jungkook's hands, he had got him his favourite strawberry milkshake which Jungkook gave to him after noticing his curious eyes on the sweet drink.

They decided to go for a walk and discussed about the exam dates and schedules. The final exams were near so it was important to prepare well. Taehyung told him that the last year papers were tough.

And this year it was going to be more challenging, and biology was especially difficult. Taehyung had collected some last year papers for reference and practice and Jungkook was looking for some sources too.

They walk to a park. "Tae look!" Jungkook exclaimed, Taehyung looked around. It was the same park they met for the first time when they were young.

They went and sit on the swing for some time. It was much smaller for them now, they had grown up so much. It was already evening, how this time passed by, neither of them realised.

The sun was about to set as they watched the scenery in front of their eyes. Taehyung looked at Jungkook once and he was looking at him already.

Taehyung smiled to him once and stood up while sipping on his strawberry milkshake. It was such a deja vu.

He was watching the view in front of him and then he felt a pair of arms hugging his waist, Jungkook was embracing him from behind.

And Taehyung didn't do anything. He was already feeling goosebumps all over his skin. It's not like they didn't do this before.

It's just that it's different now after him realising his feelings. They just quietly live the moment, speaking nothing just enjoying each other's company.

Maybe neither of them was confident enough to speak about it, or maybe they were waiting for that right moment when they could speak with ease, with no pressure.