Chapter Nine: Harper

It's been a month since Adonis and Mimi have been staying with the Howlett

Adonis felt strange, was this what a true family was like? He noticed how they were always smiling and laughing whilst in each other's presence and how they always showed equal attention to everyone.

It didn't take them long to figure that Christopher, Rowan, and Harper were sired to the poor boy who immediately helped them break the sire bond.

Through every single painful transformation, he stayed, apologized because he believed it was his fault. It was his blood that turned them after all, but they reassured him every time that it wasn't his fault as he was still an infant when they were turned and Klaus had taken his blood without his permission.

He was sitting in the room that Max and Sarah had given him an was studying his grimoire, looking for a resurrection spell that didn't require black magic.

A knock on his ajar door broke him out of his thoughts. When he saw Harper there, he gave her a small smile and waved her inside. "I don't bit." He said teasingly, still noticing her slight apprehension to enter the room.

She snorted and then launched herself onto his bed. "You've been reading these for three days. What are you looking for?" Harper questioned as she began reading the grimoire as well.

The blonde headed boy took the glamour spell off his grimoire when he realized that no one in the house would take them without asking.

"I'm looking for a resurrection spell, that doesn't involve black magic. Quite a difficult task. I'm supposed to resurrect my Uncle Finn." Adonis explained and sighed frustrated.

"Why don't you take a break and afterwards, I'll help you find a spell?" Harper coaxed and kept poking the poor boy in the side which made him laugh.

"OKAY! Stop!" He said laughing harder as he continued to tickle his sides.

"You, my dear James, need to have fun." The youngest Howlett daughter sighed as she watched the boy immediately go back to reading.

His head snapped up with a face that was full of offense. "I can have fun!" He protested and once again Harper snorted.

"Your idea of fun is reading. While reading can be fun, especially for your genius brain." She poked his head which made the boy giggle. "You also have to do other things. What else do you like to do?"

He froze. What else did he like to do? Nothing came to mind except for one thing.

"I like to play the piano." He confessed quietly.

"We have one downstairs. Rowan and Christopher like to play it every once in a while. Same with mom. I never had the patience to learn." She told him,

"I can teach you. If you want that is." He said nervously.

"Let's go." The girl replied and pulled him downstairs to the piano. They sat next to each other on the bench and Adonis was excited.

His hand's glided against the keys and he played some notes. When he finished Harper applauded.

"Alright. So put your hands here and press them one at a time." The blonde instructed and guided her hands on the piano.

They sat there for over two hours, talking and playing. She would never tell him that she always knew how to play the piano. That she let him teach her because she saw the huge smile on his face.