Chapter Fourteen: Sarah

James looked around

James looked around. He was back in New Orleans, inside the Abattoir.

Getting out of his old bed he looked around and saw his room was the same way it was before he left. Walking out of his room he felt. Walking out of his room he felt his bare feet touching something.

He was standing in bloody

Beginning to panic slightly he moved as quickly as possible downstairs and screamed. Mimi was grey and veiny with stakes in her heart.

Backing away from her body he turned and find Kol, Elijah, and Finn's daggered bodies, Davina's decapitated body, Keelin's heartless body, Marcel and Carlisle's stake body.

"No." He whimpered, tears running down his face.

She had to get out of here, now running in the opposite direction a blood-curdling scream leaves his lips.

The Howlett's were dead. Whoever killed them wasn't gentle about it either.

"It's your fault, Adonis. If you had just stayed, none of this would have happened. They would still be alive. Their blood is on your hands." Hope taunt along with his other family members.

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. It's all my fault." The blonde cried.

Sarah was a light sleeper, but tonight she had a sense of needing to stay awake for some reason. She heard shifting in one of the bedrooms and began to check on everyone.

Christopher was okay, Rowan and Harper was fine as well. Finn was right and Kevin was snoring.

Walking down towards James' room she heard the shifting. She opened the door quietly and saw the boy tossing and turning in his sleep mumbling 'I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. It's all my fault.'

No sooner did Sarah get closer to the blonde's bed, did said blonde shoot up with a loud gasp and tears running down his face. Without a second thought, Sarah pulled James into her arms.

"Shh, it's okay. You were just dreaming." The woman whispered as she pets the boy's head.

"It was so real. Don't let me go back there." James cried as he held onto Sarah with a death grip.

"You never have to go back there, my dear. You're stuck here, with us." Sarah said as he squeezed the boy.

"Can you stay?" James asked in a hesitant voice.

"Of course. Here, scooch over." Sarah said and the boy moved over so the woman could get into the bed.

Almost immediately James curled into her side. Sarah began to hum a song she used to sing to Christopher, Rowan, and Harper when they had a bad dream.

As she continued to hum they both heard quiet footsteps heading towards the room.

Looking up they saw the youngest members of the house and the three oldest giggled.

"Come on." James said and they all piled into the bed.

Sarah's heart had never been fuller, seeing all five of her kids together.

Sarah noticed that they were all practically sleeping again so she quietly crawled out of the room and kissed their forehead.

"Goodnight, my loves." Sarah whispered.

"Goodnight mom." They said back fully falling asleep.

The smile on Sarah's face could light up as a Christmas tree.

Crawling back into bed with Maxwell who had woken up slightly he too saw the giant smile on her face.

"Are you alright?" He ask his wife who nodded.

"We have five, Max. I feel like our family is complete." Sarah confessed and Maxwell chuckled.

"I agree. Finding them was probably the best thing that ever happened." Maxwell agreed.

Soon all of the Howlett's were asleep. Their bonds growing infinitely closer.