Chapter Twelve: Finn

"Where am I?" The question was repeated after no one answered the oldest Original brother

"You're in Charlotte, North Carolina. My name is Jame. Well Adonis James but I don't go by my first name anymore. I'm your nephew." The blonde boy stepped forward with his hands in an 'I surrender' gesture as to not scare his uncle.

"My nephew? That's not possible. We are abominations. We cannot have children." Finn stayed confused. He was looking at the boy who had just spoken and he had to admit, he did look like a Mikaelson.

"My biological father was the Original Hybrid. He was technically half living so he ended up getting my biological mother pregnant with my twin and I. I left them behind after they didn't care. Uncle Kol and Uncle Elijah asked me to bring you back." James explained.

"Kol? Elijah? Of all people they were the ones who asked to bring me back?" Finn echoed as if not believing it.

James nodded rapidly and handed Finn a note. He found it taped inside the lid of the urn and it was written to Finn.

He looked at it confused for a moment before opening it up and reading it. He watched as his face portrayed a myriad of emotions before finally settling on what seemed to be understanding.

"Uncle Finn, this is my adoptive Uncle Kevin and my adoptive sister Harper. Everyone else is out right now, but they'll be home soon." Jame introduced.

Finn finally looked at someone other than James and he almost froze when he looked at Kevin. He never thought he would find someone after Sage but this handsome man in front of him seemed to be his redemption.

Kevin's cheeks turned a light crimson after the Mikaelson man's eyes fell on him. He wasn't used to attracting attention. Sarah was the one who usually received the attention from men.

Harper and James shared almost identical smirks, if you didn't know any better they would look like twins. They could see the two were smitten. Anyone could really.

"It is a pleasure to meet you my good sir." Finn said as he kissed Kevin's hand.

Harper and James snorted quietly but were still heard the two vampires.

"And of course you as well milady." Finn greeted Harper, who gave him a smile in response.

"Hey Harp. Let's give them some space. James really wants to spend some time with you to get to know you better so we're gonna go. Don't worry just say our names if you need us." Kevin said as he and Harper scampered from the room.

James approached his uncle nervously while he looked just as nervous. "I don't bite. Especially not my nephew." Finn said and James snorted in response.

"Well that's nice to know. I'm sorry that this is being sprung on you." The blonde apologized as he sat next to him on the couch.

"You don't have to apologize. My youngest brother has explained everything for once. I'm impressed that you were able to complete a resurrection spell. Those are quite complex." Finn reassured and then praised.

"Well Uncle Kevin and Harper helped out. I don't think I would have been able to do it without them." The blonde admitted softly.

"From what Elijah and Kol said in their letter you are quite intelligent so I don't doubt that you were a majority of the reason that I'm back. Of course help is always good. It takes a big person to admit they need help." Finn told him.

"Is there anything you would like to do?" James asked after a few minutes of comfortable silence.

"I'd like to maybe shower and change out of these clothes. I fear that I smell." The man joked which made his nephew start laughing.

"Yeah! Of course, I'll show you where the bathroom is." The tribrid said and showed his uncle where the shower was and brought him a spare change of clothes that he stole from Christopher's closet knowing he wouldn't mind.

While Finn was in the shower the rest of the family arrived home.

They noticed how nervous James was and tried their best to calm him down.

When Finn walked back downstairs after his shower he was introduced to the rest of the family.

It felt strange for him to be welcomed into a family when he felt he was barely welcome in his own family.

He observed his recently discovered nephew and saw how he almost fit perfectly perfectly with the Howlett's. Reading the letter that Kol and Elijah had left him earlier had made him feel disgusted with his siblings. This was a child. He deserved to be loved by the rest of the family but was instead brushed aside. In that moment he was never more grateful for Kol and Elijah.

He was shaken out of his thoughts when he heard the loud laugh of his nephew, he was flipping upside down and being hit on the back by Mimi who said it was a cure for the hiccups. Finn laughed with everyone else and realized, he was right when he should be, even if he is a vampire.