Chapter 17

Kashim Continental Alliance-Valur Empire-Mineas Tri-Border

Several mottled green-shaded men with bows and arrows, swords, and spears stood in the undershade of the forest, hidden from prying eyes in the skies. In front of them was a rock on which a human sat.

Currently equipped with a saber, the person undeniably had a feminine stature that accentuated her body armor, everyone glanced at that person. "We're going to intercept a slave convoy coming from Mineas, heading toward the proximity of our border with Valur. We have directives to hit them and steal whatever load they're carrying, potentially including some of our brethren. We must prioritize their safety," she said to everyone.

Everyone saluted her as they stood waiting for orders to dismiss.

"We'll strike at night once the slave convoy stops for a rest. Our spies are monitoring them and currently gathering intel for us to determine what they're up to, the contents of their loads, their current location, and where they will be stopping at night. So, everyone, be ready." She concluded and everyone soon scattered.

Seeing them leaving, she heaved a heavy sigh.

"Anxious, are we?" Then, a voice cut through her tension, immediately making her look back.

"Nive," she said to a bulky female dog demi-human with bulging muscles, six-packs, and a large claymore on her back, so enormous that it almost stood as tall as her.

"First time being sent on force recon and then ordered to attack a Valurian Empire slave convoy? Now, miss Leticia? valedictorian of the military academy, you shouldn't really be all nervous about it."

"I'm not, okay?" She said to the beast woman.

"Now, now," she laughed at her with a light tone. "Everyone is nervous on their first attempt," she said to her. "But don't be overly nervous this time, as we're hitting a slave convoy, not Valur aristocrats or military. So, we're only encountering some poorly armed escorts, it would be a walk in the park," she said to her reassuringly.

"I guess so," she said to the beast woman in response, awkwardly.
__________

7 hours later, in the darkness of the night. Several men slowly crawled on the ground, carefully advancing through the scrubs, heading towards the clueless Valur slave convoy as they became prime targets of this night operation.

The leader meticulously led her team through a series of hand signals as they crept close to their objectives.

Once their eyes finally saw their prey within hand reach, she signaled everyone to fight, drawing their weapons—swords, spears, and bows—scattering around. The beast woman jumped in silence, moving forward in synchronous movement as bowmen on their sides aimed at the others nearby, standing in the sides of the guards as she crept closer to a clueless night guard with a knife in her hands to silence him. But then, before she could lunge at the guard, a trail of light hit its head. Several others too fell silent like lifeless dolls that had their strings cut, and several explosions and bright flashes erupted.

Boom!

"Attack!" shouted by guards as the convoys frantically began to panic in anticipation and defense against incoming.

Ratatat!

Ratatat!

Several pinpoint accurate gunfires drowned the area, as flashbangs erupted into action, greatly surprising the defending guards of the slave convoy and the attack unit of Leticia. Drowning unsuppressed and suppressed gunfire of unknown origin crisscrossed the scene.

"What the hell is happening!?" Nive shouted as her tingling primal senses kicked in. Fear of something coming immediately shrieked through her veins as snappy footsteps in the dark grew stronger, and flashes of crimson light ominously stared at her.