one.

authors note : things are different from the books / movie to follow the story line i created. let's get CRAZY.
——————

The rain clouds gloomed around the train station. It wasn't quite a downpour just yet but the raindrops here and there were starting to make their appearance more on my skin. I looked up at the sky to watch as one dropped right on my nose. I gasped a little at how cold it was before there was a tug on my arm, "Josalynn we need to go dear", mrs weasley spoke gently to me as i nodded following behind her.

I watched as others passed by, I would assume just going to their normal everyday jobs. Maybe even visiting loved ones. Or grieving something and running away from it. that- i know all too well.

There was a man holding up a newspaper, while another man looked stressed rubbing his eyes with his hands. A younger lady pulling her son along rambling on and on about getting him to class on time.

It's strange, the way muggles live.

"off you go dears! Ron, say hello to Harry for me would ya?" mrs weasley speaks gently to her son.

"course mum, you know he wanted to be here this year for our traditional send off but.. he just has.. so much going on" ron says and she nods, understanding. mrs weasley is always just so understanding. i hope to be like her one day, just so loving. but right now... there's so much grief. so much anger.

"josalynn, my sweet love.." she speaks gently towards me tucking a piece of my black hair behind my ear, "enjoy your last year. it's what your parents would have wanted. we will see you at the holidays yeah?" she says and i nod and she brings me into a tight hug.

"alright honey, let them go. merlin knows they can't miss this train.." mr weasley says gripping his wife on her shoulder. i don't miss the tears that sits in her eyes as she pulls away.

Ginny goes first waving goodbye and through platform 9 3/4 she goes. Ron goes next- but not without missing the proper step first and crashing into the brick wall, "oops! bye mum and dad!" he says and tries again, successful the second time around.

i inhale sharply when it's my turn, "go on josie, we'll be here if you need anything." mr weasley says as i turn and give him a soft smile and wave bye before crossing into the platform myself.

Year 7, bloody hell! how did we already make it to the last year?

"Oi! Josie, hurry up!" ron yells and i follow behind him pushing my things. 1st years all the way to 7th years are hanging their luggage over and bidding goodbyes to the parents who come across to the train station. mr and mrs weasley don't, they say it's a form of independence they wish they had when going to hogwarts.

besides, we're 17 now. we don't need mums and dads to hold our hands anymore.

i shudder at the thought because even if i wanted to, i couldn't.

Ginny, Ron, and i walk onto the train and make our way to the same booth that we've sat at for years. The weasleys have always been a second family to me, my father and rons grew up together.

"hello!" a happy voice sings before sitting down next to me and a thick book sitting on the table in front of us.

"hi hermione" i smile towards her as she leans over and gives me a tight hug, "goodness it feels like its been forever yeah?" she asks and i nod. she bids hello to ron and ginny.

they start immersing into conversation about this and that, and who's going to be the one to fuck up Gryffindors points this year and everyone agrees, longbottom would most likely be the one to.

finally, harry potter decides to join us right as the train begins to move, "shit that was close" harry huffs out of breath and sitting next to hermione as i move closer to the window making room.