»»» 𝔦𝔦𝔦.𝔳

✠ ——— ✠ ——— ✠ ——— ✠

𝐓𝐫𝐮𝐭𝐡'𝐬 𝐀𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭

━━━━━━━━━▼━━━━━━━━━

Truth stood in the doorway to her bedroom, leaning against the door frame with a tiredness she hadn't felt since she came home from Brazil.

Maybe she shouldn't have pushed herself so hard with Clint.

"I shouldn't even try, should I?"

Truth glanced down at Heidi, who sat next to her. Yellow eyes stared up at her, then the cat rubbed her face against Truth's leg.

Truth sighed.

"Yeah. Alright."

It was only twelve a.m. when Truth walked into the training room. Far earlier than usual. Curfew hadn't even set in yet, but the room was still empty, which was all she needed.

It was two a.m. when Natasha walked into the training room. She'd managed to get a few hours of sleep after dinner with Clint, and she wanted to test her luck at getting there before Truth twice in a row.

And when she closed the doors behind her and did a cursory glance around the room, she thought she had.

At least until she heard a soft voice coming from above. With furrowed brows, Natasha looked up toward her right, and the sight she found was as surprising as it was slightly concerning.

Truth Castello laid on one of the metal beams that ran across the room, almost twenty feet in the air. Her dark hair dangled, along with a leg that moved to a rhythm Natasha couldn't hear. More perplexing, on top of Truth was a very large cat, it's tail also hanging over the side of the beam. Truth was oblivious to the world, lightly singing along to a familiar tune as she scrolled through her phone with one hand and absently stroked the cat's head where it lay on her chest.

It was the most relaxed Natasha had ever seen her. She drunk in the sight of Truth's body in nothing but sweats and a baggy shirt, committing it to memory in case it was the last time she'd witness it, and she stood there enraptured as she listened to her melodious voice, following the calming tilt of her words:

reaching out
to touch a stranger
electric eyes are everywhere

Natasha had never been so captivated. And, right then and there, she would make it her mission to find out what Truth Castello could not do.

Because, turns out, Truth Castello could sing. And, maybe it was another reason they had nicknamed her the Siren.

see that girl
she knows I'm watching
she likes the way I stare

Natasha didn't know how long she stared for, didn't know why it took so long to get her feet to move from where they'd planted themselves.

if they say why
why?
tell them that it's human nature
why?
why...does he do me that way?