»»» 𝔳𝔦𝔦.𝔦𝔦

✠ ——— ✠ ——— ✠ ——— ✠

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐓𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐤𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐨𝐧

━━━━━━━━━▼━━━━━━━━━

Phil Coulson could be a stubborn bastard when it came to recovery.

He was assuredly not as bad as Michael or Clint, who were known for booking it the second they could manage to stay on their feet for more than a couple of seconds. With the right distractions, Coulson could remain on bed rest for a time before he got sneaky.

Reality shows were always a go-to—because, despite popular belief, Phil Coulson was a sucker for the Bachelor—and the promise of a trading card or two could buy his temporary cooperation.

Leave him alone for too long, though, and he'd disappear by the time you came back to check up on him, lost in the throes of endless work that the agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. couldn't seem to function without.

Today, though,Truth managed to catch him in the act.

"What do you think you're doing?"

Coulson nearly dropped all of his files on the floor at her sudden appearance in the doorway to the Med-bay. The doctor had left mere minutes ago, leaving the agent to gather his things and be on his way.

"Dr. McCoy cleared me," he answered, hoping to facilitate a quick escape.

Truth gave him a look.

"Do I look like Dr. McCoy?"

Phil gave a sigh before putting down his items, easing himself down on a cot as Truth made her way over to him.

"What hurts?" she asked, concerned with his movement.

"Just sore," he explained as he pulled off his shoulder sling. "Bruising's all gone though."

Once he lifted the sleeve of his shirt, Truth leaned closer to study the healing wound. It had already scabbed over, but the point of concern was his muscle pain. Anfisa's bullet had gone straight through his flesh, tearing through some muscle according to the conversation Truth had just had with Dr. McCoy regarding it. 

Truth moved to grab a pair of gloves, and Coulson gave her a raised brow in response.

"This isn't only for me, you know," she said. "The doc asked if I could do my own evaluation."

Truth worked with Dr. McCoy rather frequently, enough that she saw her as more than just a colleague. Truth had more than enough familiarity with medical care, and her abilities sometimes made things easier for the doctor, such as her capability to feel other's pain, better examine head injuries and mental issues, and also her telekinesis that was proven to be helpful with stitching and quick surgery. Sometimes Dr. McCoy asked for a consult on her patients, and, if she was free, Truth would stop by the Med Bay to help where she could.

As she leaned in closer, carefully prodding around the contorted skin, Phil watched.

"So," he said, "this has nothing to with the fact that you feel guilty?"