»»» 𝔳𝔦𝔦𝔦.𝔳

✠ ——— ✠ ——— ✠ ——— ✠

𝐖𝐚𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐭𝐨𝐧, 𝐃.𝐂.

━━━━━━━━━▼━━━━━━━━━

Natasha boarded the quinjet at 4:54 in the morning dressed in her S.H.I.E.L.D. uniform with her travel bag hoisted over her shoulder. She did a cursory glance, wondering where everyone was until she heard voices in the cockpit, her lips tilting up at the excited voice of Truth Castello speaking in ridiculously fast Spanish that had Natasha eager to know what could've possibly garnered such a response in her.

Throwing her bag onto one of the passenger seats, Natasha walked through the short aisle leading to the cockpit. The door was open, giving her a glimpse of Truth in the copilot seat, her whole body turned towards the person beside her as she leaned over to look at something. Her hair was loose, and she sported baggy cargo pants with a large shirt that hid the lines of her body. Natasha couldn't see her face, but she could hear the smile in her in her voice.

"Dios mío, es literalmente la cosita más mona que he visto nunca," she gushed. "Es adorable, Luis. Te das cuenta de que nunca voy a dejar de molestarte hasta que consiga verla en persona, ¿verdad?"
Oh my God, she is literally the cutest little thing I have ever seen. She's adorable, Luis. You realize I'm never going to stop bothering you until I get to see her in person, right?

"Sí, ¿así puedes secuestrarla y quedártela para ti solo?" the pilot, Luis, replied. "Conozco tus métodos, Truth."
Yeah, so you can kidnap her and keep her all to yourself? I know your ways, Truth.

"¿Y si la devuelvo?"
What if I give her back?

"¿Cuándo? ¿El año que viene?" At her excited nod, Luis made an unbelieving face. "No sé si a mi marido le gustaría."
When? Next year? I don't know if my husband would like that.

Truth made a sound of frustration, then stood, turning to face Natasha as though she knew she was there the whole time (she most definitely did) and grabbed her hand to pull her further into the cockpit.

"Natasha," she said, before gesturing to their pilot, "this is Agent Luis Herrera. Luis, meet Agent Natasha Romanoff." As soon as introductions were finished, she reclaimed her seat, looking up at Natasha with a very serious expression. "Natasha. I need you to look at this picture and tell me what you think."

Natasha turned when Luis brought his phone closer to her, allowing her to view the image. Upon realizing what Truth was getting so excited about, she had to hold back a laugh.

It was a puppy. A tiny little beagle looking up at the camera with big eyes and a red collar with the name Bella embroidered on it.

She was very cute.

Natasha repeated the sentiment to Truth, to her satisfaction.

"Now, don't you think Luis and his husband should lend her to me for a short, unspecified amount of time?" she asked, glancing up at the redhead with an innocent expression.

"You want to...borrow their dog?" Natasha questioned with a smile.

"Only for a little bit! Just think about how cute and fluffy and adorable she'll be."