»»» 𝔳𝔦𝔦.𝔦

trigger warnings: mentions of self-harm

✠ ——— ✠ ——— ✠ ——— ✠

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐓𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐤𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐨𝐧

━━━━━━━━━▼━━━━━━━━━

"Guard your core."

An irritated huff was the only response. The critique only pushed him more, advancing with a flurry of punches to build momentum before throwing in a surprise flying kick to the head.

Only, none of his hits landed. Each punch was parried, and he almost lost his balance as his foot came into contact with a forearm.

Then he doubled over with a sharp intake of air as his sister's foot struck his abdomen once more.

"Fuck," Michael Castello cursed, crouching as he wrapped his arms around his torso, waiting for the pain to subside.

Using the moment to catch her breath, Truth spared no remorse as she took a swig of her thermos.

"I'm gonna have a fucking bruise if you keep this up," her brother complained. 

Truth remained impassive.

"I told you to guard your core."

Slowly, Michael straightened, his face contorted as he took a couple of short breaths.

"Not with the expectation to block the force of a semi-truck."

Truth rolled her eyes, screwing the lid onto her thermos and dropping it onto the floor with a thud.

"You're about to go on an undercover assignment in Serbia without any backup. If you can't grasp basic defense, I don't think you'll stand much of a chance."

After a quick count to three, Michael stood fully straight, the slight, uncomfortable ache in his lower torso more manageable now. With one last sigh, he wiped the sweat off his brow.

"I think your definition of 'basic' is concerning. I don't see you putting Clint through any military training."

Truth raised a questioning brow at him.

"Weren't you the one who asked me to train with you?"

"Not for you to beat the shit out of me," he answered. "I thought, maybe, we could squeeze in some sibling-bonding before I'm thrown in the trenches for God knows how long, but, really, this is the most you've said to me since we walked in here an hour ago."

Disliking his insinuation, Truth leveled a frown at him.

"Maybe I'll start talking when you start actually improving. You're making the same mistakes I've been drilling into your head for years. That's what I mean by basic. So, no, I'm not going to make conversation or whatever it is you want until you stop fucking around."