Chapter 7: Let's Talk

In his apartment, Jaune was trying to get some sleep. His hair was messy and he could barely be awake. He was lying on his bed, looking at the ceiling and he kept on having a memory of that hallucination that appeared right in his face.

Jaune sighs and tries to get some shut eye. He then hears knocking on the door, much to his annoyance. He rubs his eyes and decides to get up and answer it. He was having a slight headache, but despite this, he answers the door. Upon answering it, he sees that it was Vanessa.

Jaune: Vanessa?

Vanessa: Hey, Jaune. What are you doing?

Jaune: Trying to get some sleep, but I can't since my first shift.

He rubs his eyes to keep himself awake.

Jaune: W-What are you doing here?

Vanessa: Apparently, someone broke into Freddy's. They trashed the place.

Jaune was surprised. He made sure that everything was locked and in place before he left.

Jaune: H-How did that happen? I made that everything was locked, including the air vents. How did they break in?

Vanessa: Through the backdoor.

Jaune: I see. Sorry.

Vanessa: It's okay. Don't let that happen ever again. If you do that again, that's a crime that you're going to pay.

Jaune: Right. I'll be sure to clean up the mess. I guess the pizzaria is still close.

Vanessa: Fortunately. Anyway, I want to know more why you've been acting all... worn out and depressed. You've been depressed ever since I met you this morning.

Jaune looks away from Vanessa, closing his hands. He looks back at her with a straight face and nods.

Jaune: Fine. Where do you wanna go?

Mini Timeskip

Jaune and Vanessa were seen at a local park discussing Jaune's recent issues.

Jaune: To be honest ever since I was a kid I always wanted to be a hero like my father and grandfather. When I ask my folks to train me they denied it and wanted me to give up on my dream of being a Huntsman.

Vanessa didn't talk, but just listened to Jaune's story.

Jaune: Then, on pure luck I found forged documents for Beacon. At first I wanted to report it in to the authorities but I realized that it can help me on being a Huntsman. But...there were the consequences for being in possession of forged documents.

Vanessa: So, you forged your transcripts just to get to Beacon Academy?

Jaune: I technically found them laying around. But I got bullied by this asshole by the name of Cardin Winchester. He blackmailed me into doing shady things for him and when I stood up to him and saved him from an Ursa Major, he backstabbed me and told everyone at Beacon about my forged documents and made my life miserable there.

Vanessa nods.

Vanessa: And that made you quit, or were you kicked out? Ozpin seems to care for you.

Jaune: I was kicked out...after getting expelled from Beacon made me despise Huntsmen and Huntresses. They're supposed to be the protectors of humanity not being selfish pricks for personal benefits.

Vanessa: I see. Why pick Freddy's when you know that it's dangerous?

Jaune: Like I said...no other place would hire me. I really don't mind the 100 Lien pay there.

Vanessa: Well, suit yourself. What about your family? Do they know any of this?

Jaune: Yeah. Then, they just disowned me for doing such a thing. I just wanted to be like my grandfather, but I guess that's all now in the trash.

Vanessa: I guess. But tell me Jaune, if nobody couldn't solve the mystery behind Freddy's would you try? In theory.

Jaune: ...Maybe.

Vanessa: You're a good person Jaune. No matter what others think. If you ever want to discuss matters again just give me a call.

Jaune smiles a bit. Vanessa gets a call from her radio amd she stood up.

Vanessa: Okay, I better get going. When you're at Freddy's, just be aware okay? No sleeping.

Jaune: Right. I might take some coffee with me to stay awake.

Vanessa: Right. Well, see you around.

Jaune: Okay.

Vanessa hops back in her car and drives off. Jaune chuckles and he looks at his hand and clenches it.

Jaune: I can do it. I can make it.

Meanwhile, back at Beacon Academy, Ozpin was looking through the files that Team CRDL forged and he sighs in disappointment.

Ozpin: I can't believe what they did.

He kept on looking through some files regarding Freddy Fazbear's Pizza. As he was going through each file, he saw a picture of Steve Raglan and he saw his career as a job counselor.

Ozpin: Why... does he look so familiar?