Chapter 1

11-21-2023

------------------------------------

Peeking open my optics, I glared at the metal encased around my small little frame. I let out an angry screech, batting my servos at it, it didn't budge. It's been this way for as long as I could remember. Occasionally, I would see the world outside, filled with black, speckled with white dots, and swirls of color. I knew what happened to cause my existence.

The power of the allspark was dissipating, growing weaker and weaker by the ending days of cybertron. In an effort to save it, A mech launched it into space, not only to save it, but to keep it out of enemy servos.

It was in vain. Because the once bubbly, curious orb, dimmed, before using the last of its power to create its last creation. Me.

I let out a tired squeak, curling up into a ball, watching the outside of the window. I closed my optics, feeling another round of stasis forced onto my little frame from the pod encased around me.

I woke up, when the pod began heating up, its systems failed. After vorns of floating in space, giving me only vague ideas of the world outside, I finally entered the atmosphere of a planet. Instead of exciting me, it frightened me, moving around frantically in the pod, only able to move and stretch, as it was very small and cramped.

The wing-like appendages on my backstruts flared and flopped, and had me painfully fall onto them. I let out a squeak of pain, relaxing, as I curled up in a ball out of fear.

Soon came the impact, causing me to flop to the top of the pod, as it shook and moved before resting in a final position. I let out a curious squeak, the window was under me, and thus was the door. Soon enough, I heard voices outside of my prison.

I let out another squeak, whirring and beeping curiously, before whimpering in fear from the unknown.
The strangers heard my squeaks, and my whimpers, nearing the pod. I squeaked out of fear, curling tighter, and trying to hide away from them. They slashed at the pod, the sounds of tearing and creaking metal made me screech out of fear, crying loudly, as I whimpered.

The slash stopped, before the metal creaked again as the pod moved and shifted. I squawked as I was rolled onto my back, uncurling, before the window and door I heard a hiss, as the gas inside the pod reacted to the air outside, a plume of soft mist surrounded me as servos reached in for me.

I squawked again, before instinctively curling up in the soft, gentle grip. I peered up at the bot holding me, looking up at soft blue optics, before looking down at myself, finally seeing what I looked like, soft blue, orange, and yellow decorated a mostly white frame. I squawked curiously at the bot holding me.

He smiled softly, standing up from bending over, I curled up beside his chassis as he held me close. I squawked at the other bots standing around from what was once my prison for the longest time.

I looked at the green all around me, and colorful splotches of color dotted the tops of little green stems, and at the edge of the clearing stood tall, brown stems with leafy greens on them. "A sparkling?" I heard one of the bots say, surprised. "A young one at that, they don't look older than a few orns. Must have been quite soon after it's forging it had to be launched in an escape pod." A short, blue femme suggested, standing next to a bronze mech.

"Let's move, before the decepticons come to investigate." A tall, red and blue mech said quickly. "Oh, and Smokescreen, don't drop it." The short femme warned, glaring at the mech currently holding me. He was white, blue, silver, and red. I sensed his nervousness, as he held me tightly, in a gentle, protective hold.

A green whirling portal opened up, and the group stepped through it, a buzzing feeling washed over my frame. It didn't hurt, but it was unpleasant. I let out a small cry of dislike. One of the other bots mistook my dislike for pain, which made them gently grab from the one called Smokescreen. "You were holding it too tight!" The white and orange bot holding me now, now that we were in a gray and orange building, scolded Smokescreen.

I let out a confused squeak, reaching out for the first one that held me, only to be denied that, and placed on a cold, wide surface. I let out a squeak, folding my wings around me. They looked down at me, the medic; the orange and white mech had grabbed several weird-looking contraptions.

One of them poked me, I let out a squeak, shivering on the cold surface. He poked me harder, I quickly flinched away from the stick, and squeaked from dislike and pain. He wrote something down, before scanning me down. "A femme." He muttered, probably writing that down. I shivered harder, not in favor of the cold surface below me. He prodded my wings, sending shivers down my backstruts, before prodding my chassis, and trying to figure out what I was. I was an odd-looking sparkling.

"Hm, bring the other odd sparkling in, she looks kinda like him, Cliffjumper." The medic said grumpily at the bronze mech, who huffed, and left. "I can conclude she's cyber-cheetah that originated from Velocitron, which is odd... because the escape pod she's from originates from Cybertron." He hummed curiously. "Her creators could have moved to Cybertron at some point." The short femme pointed out. "Like Cheetor's did. Still upsetting, his creators were murdered not too long ago." Ratchet finished the thought.

Cliffjumper returned with a cyber-cheetah gnawing on his servo. I studied the look of pain stretched across his faceplates, deciding that I didn't like the expression, I looked at the cyber-cheetah he was currently holding, instead.

I let out a quiet chirp, which distracted them from their gnawing. They looked at me, letting go of Cliffjumper, and jumping down onto the cold surface next to me. I let out a confused chirp, they replied with a reassuring chirp, and nudged me with their muzzle.

I let out another chirp, this time curious. They nudged me again, more forcibly, and I let out an angered chirp, they growled. I growled back, they nudged me again, and I hissed, transforming into an alternate form of some sorts, tumbling forward on my underbelly, I looked up at them feebly.

They let out a satisfied chirp, before I chirped in confusion, they simply curled up next to me, and I let out a satisfied purr, cuddling into them, trying to hide from the cold of the metal below me. I shivered pitifully next to them.

I let out a squeak of discomfort when somebot picked me up. The medic was holding me, I let out a hiss, trying to struggle out of their grip, before falling tired from exertion. They simply, gently rubbed the back of my sensitive audios, I let out an uncomfortable hiss, lashing my tail once, before settling down.

The medic stimulated a spot at the back of my neck, causing me to transform back to my original form, I yawned, grabbing a hold of his digit, and putting it into my intake, as my optics fluttered closed from exhaustion.