Chapter 4: Part 2

5-12-2024

——————

I woke to the sounds of yelling, crashing, and aggression, stirring me from my deep recharge, hunger drawing me out further. I was still far too exhausted, having used up a lot of my energon reserves, and energy into condensing that energon crystal shard in Megatron's chassis into pure, blue energon.

I let out a squeak, peeking open my optics as I hissed at the sight in front of me. Megatron was scowling at Ultra Magnus, who was in turn scowling at him. Optimus was trying to break the two from their argument, which was about something I did not understand.

Blueracer stood defensively in front of me, Bumblebee, and Cheetor, who were cowering next to me, half-awake. Smokescreen, and the twins were glaring at the tall silver seeker with his two buddies, one greenish, and the other blueish, all being similar to each other.

The visored mech was standing at the edge of the room, leaning on the wall as he quietly petted his cassette, the cyberbird. Shockwave was nowhere to be seen, probably angry.

The red medic, who was picky about his finish, was grumbling about medical terms with Ratchet, while Bulkhead and Breakdown scowled and talked to each other. Arcee and Cliffjumper were talking in the corner, glaring at Starscream from a distance.

Ultra Magnus jabbed something hurtful to Megatron, who flinched like an old wound got ripped open. "Who's fault is it that we lost the Allspark in the first place! You! There's nothing we can do to save our race now, thanks to you. I wonder how your blessed Sparkmate and Sparklet are faring in the Allspark!"

Megatron let out a deep, strong growl, pushing aside Optimus' servo as he stalked threateningly towards Ultra Magnus. I leapt forward, brushing against several dozen sparks as I nudged the two. They glared at each other before noticing the sparks floating about the room.

"Why does she keep doing this...? How...." Ultra Magnus trailed off. I chirped happily, glad they were done with their arguing as the topic of the conversation was swapped to me.

Families were ripped apart, shattered, broken, gone. Loss was evident in everyone, yet it was time to try to understand each other, in a way that would end the war once and for all... except it wasn't as simple as that.

I yawned, tumbling onto my side as I started to crash from lack of energon. I was quickly scooped up by Ratchet, who started yelling orders, I ended up blacking out, far too tired, weak to keep my optics open.

I ended up waking to Cheetor's bright, worried but happy faceplates. I chirped quietly, flopping from my underbelly to my side. Cheetor ended up protectively flopping next to me. I wondered why.

Was it simply because I was his playmate? His best friend? Probably. I squeaked in confusion. He snuggled closer. I decided to embrace it, and snuggled against him. The door opened, in came Ratchet, Blueracer and the visored mech. As well as the other medic. Cheetor huffed grumpily at the two strangers, I merely chirped, squeaking as I stayed on my side.

"This is odd, in the past the allspark was giving regular sparklings to pairs... before it disappeared, it began giving more and more sparklings that had 'gestation' chambers... Artemis has one too." Ratchet said, looking at the monitors.

"What would that mean?" Blueracer asked. "Perhaps, the allspark ran out of juice. So it decided to give our race a chance to continue on our own?" The other, red medic asked.

I chirped at his answer, standing up slowly, finally reaching full height, standing on trembling paws. "She seems to say so. We believe she's the last sparkling to be born." Ratchet says, turning to the other three.

I chirped softly, laying back down, and flopping onto my side, curling up. I will forever remember the cause of my existence. For all I knew, sire was Primus. He seemed oddly sad when I was created.... Considering the allspark was a part of him... despite being a completely separate being... Primus' friend... no, sparkmate... despite she being a spark while he remained in his physical form.

I squeaked thoughtfully, rolling onto my back, and waving my paws at the four grown bots. Blueracer chuckled, and smiled. The visored mech reached forward, gently touching my paws. I grabbed his servo with my claws, and tugged on it, and chirped happily. I squawked in confusion when the servo was pulled out of my reach quickly, leaving small scratches in it.

The visored mech tipped his helm, and looked away... feeling sad... I could sense it.... It was sparkwrenching.... The pain of grief washing over him. Lazerbeak chirped softly, nudging her master comfortingly.

I stood up, and chirped at him. He looked away further. My audios flattened, I let out a deep sigh. I chirped demandingly, ignoring the confused glances being shared between the other three bots.

The room had fallen silent... except for the soft, musical hum of sparks.

I chirped at Ravage. He hummed at me curiously. Confused.
I raised my fore paws, rearing back on hind legs. Ravage reluctantly floated forward from his Master's side.
I chirped at him, and he seemed to float up and down as if to nod.

He was sad and broken... just like everyone else... I cupped my paws around him, gently pushing his spark inward, before focusing and forcing his frame to become dense. I knew I could only use this ability once... or it could kill me. I already felt the pain stretch through my frame, as I continued pushing myself through it.

If anything, He would prove to become an important figure in cybertron's history... maybe not as a Cybercat, but as a regular cybertronian. I caught glimpses, and continued to focus, closing my optics, before flashing them open, Ravage was gone, and I knew exactly where he was.

I struggled forward, stepping forward slowly, placing a paw on the visored mech's servo, watching his body language turn from grief to shock, before understanding and hope.

I slumped to my side, already tired.
I felt myself fall into a deep abyss, far away from the light of the real world, deep in my own dreams... I fell into a deep stasis lock in order to prevent my own destruction.

I didn't realize that Cheetor followed me here... deep into the abyss, deep within Sire's protection... I dreamed, I dreamed long and hard, I dreamed of the world changing, shifting, growing as I slumbered, Cheetor curled around me.

Now I knew why Cheetor was here with me. A glimpse into other realities told me that he was an allspark guardian too... but most importantly, our sparks were made in the deep, dying embers of my carrier's strength, made for each other.

The cybertronian race was fine... for now, we could rest, for now, we weren't needed, for now... we remained young and naive.

----------------------------------------

The story finally begins! I can't wait to see how this unfolds... sorry for the late post.