2- dinner

Holly's pov:

I made my way down the stairs and out of the front door. I locked it and turned around to see my brother sitting in the car waiting for me.

"Took you long enough" he laughed as I climbed into the passenger seat.

"Shut up, at least I look good" I retorted.

"I do look good!" Said George slightly offended.

"With that haircut?" I laughed.

"Carmen likes it!" George said proudly.

"Does she thought?" I responded with a laugh.George didn't reply and I smirked to myself. "I'm joking!" I said.

We spent the rest of the journey talking and laughing together. When we pulled up outside George opened my door for me and I climbed out.

"I hope you don't mind but I kind of already knew you were getting promoted to f1 so I invited some of the drivers tonight so you could get to know them better before the new season starts in a few weeks." George said.

I was nervous about meeting the rest of the grid but I knew I'd have to get over my fears at some point so why not tonight. As we went in a waitress showed us over to a large table where around half of the grid was already sitting.

I whispered to George " I thought you only invited a couple of them? This is nearly all of them!"

"Yeah well I thought you wouldn't come if I told you and anyway I've already told them all loads about you so you'll be fine!"

I loved my brother but the one thing he was awful at was pep talks. Before I had time to respond he was leading me over to the table and announced our arrival.

"Everyone this is my sister Holly, she'll be driving for haas next season."

I smiled awkwardly as a few of them said their greetings to us. To my surprise I knew most of them already. Obviously I knew Kevin and Lewis and I'd spoken to Charles, Max, Nico, Daniel and Alex before. The rest I had only seen from across the paddock but I roughly knew all of their names. My brother and I took the two empty seats. I was next to my brother and Kevin and I was facing Charles and Lando.

"So are you excited to be my teammate?" Kevin asked with a warm smile.

"You bet!" I said returning the smile.

"I've seen your races in F2, you're amazing" said Lando from across the table. I thanked him feeling slightly bad though as I'd never really watched him race. When I was watching F1 I always looked for my brother, Lewis and the haas drivers.

We continued our dinner and by the end the awkwardness had gone away. "Any of you guys up for the club?" Asked Charles.

Me, George and a handful of the others agreed but some had couldn't stay, one of them was Oscar.

"Wait I came with Oscar so how am I meant to get there and get home?" Said Lando.

Without even looking at my brother I responded "we can give you lift it's fine!"