Chapter 3

"So where are you taking us? I doubt the ol' manager is gonna let us back" said Blue Eyes.

"We'll take you to our apartment building. Our landlord isn't nearly as fastidious" said Nigel.

The boys took the three rats to their building and introduced them to their landlord Milt Barnhill. 

"Hey, boys" said Milt.

"Hullo, Mr Barnhill. We'd like to let you know we made some unexpected friends at the hotel" said Nigel.

Patrick presented the three little rodents on his hand. 

"Rats?" said Milt.

"Yes. Would you sing your names again?" said Patrick.

The rats did as told.

Blue Eyes: We're Blue Eyes...

Sammy: Sammy...

Deano: And Deano too

all: Doo-bee-doo-bee-doo-bee-doo

Milt laughed a little as they sang the last part.

"Welcome to my building, little fellas" he said.

"You're welcoming us, mister?" said Deano.

"Sure. I like rats" said Milt.

"Really, Mr Barnhill? Most building owners exterminate rats" said Nigel.

"Why would I wanna do that? They eat all the garbage" said Milt. 

Sammy scratched his neck. "I hate to break it to ya, but me and the boys don't eat garbage, mister."

"Yeah. We prefer chunks of cheese" said Blue Eyes.

"I s'pose that could be arranged in our apartments" said Patrick.

"But let's hope Miss Erica Grey doesn't find you three. She's a policewoman" said Nigel.

"Oh yes. If she sees you, she'll kill you" said Patrick.

"Kill us?" said Deano.

"That is what cops do. She'll call the health inspector on Mr B" said Blue Eyes. 

"Glad we're on the same page. You boys keep those rats well hidden" said Milt.