Chapter 5

The rats hid in Patrick's jacket pocket as the boys walked back to the hotel.

When they got there, they made their way to the bar where their good friend Paris was working.

"Hi, guys!" said Paris energetically. 

"Hullo, Paris" said Nigel.

"Want some drinks? I always save the best for you" said Paris.

"Not now, luv. We actually need to ask you a favor" said Patrick.

"Sure" said Paris.

Patrick let the rats out of his pocket and let Paris see them.

"Rats?" said Paris.

"Musically trained rats. They're our new friends and we told them we could back them up" said Nigel.

"Really?" said Paris.

"Well, just this once. Allow them to introduce themselves" said Nigel.

The rats introduced themselves while bowing down to Paris.

Blue Eyes: We're Blue Eyes...

Sammy: Sammy...

Deano: And Deano too

all: Doobie doobie doobie doo

Paris clapped her hands. "You guys got a heap of style."

"Thanks, honey" said Blue Eyes.

"I like this kid" said Deano. 

"The favor is, if Mr DeFranko comes into the lounge, you make sure he doesn't see our little friends" said Patrick.

"Oh, sure. I could do that. When the man receives a drink from me, it's almost impossible for him to think about anything else" said Paris.

"Excellent, kiddo. You're alright" said Sammy. 

"Now hurry, if you wanna get your performance in before he shows up" said Paris. 

Nigel and Patrick tuned their guitars and got to the stage with the Rat Pack. 

One of their favorite guests at the hotel, Mrs Imelda Sevaroff, was in the crowd and she saw the rats.

"Nigel and Patrick?" she called.

"Mrs Sevaroff. Hello" said Patrick.

"Hello. Are you aware there are rats on your stage?" said Mrs Sevaroff.

"Yes ma'am. They're here to perform with us. Just for tonight" said Patrick.

"We're charmed, lady" said Sammy.

"Yeah. Nice jewelry" said Deano.

"Well, I do say. They are charming rats" said Mrs Sevaroff.

"We're the Rat Pack, ma'am. These guys are our buddies" said Blue Eyes.

"We're only gonna be here a while" said Deano.

"Yes ma'am. Please don't berate them. Or us" said Nigel.

Mrs Sevaroff thought on it. "Very well. I'm not one to damage animals or berate you two dears anyway."